• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brees is coming back.

WarPanthers89

Just announced on his Instagram. It will be interesting to see how the Saints approach FA now with him already counting 20 mil against the cap, and also what they do with backup QB. 

The Saints may have to put those plans for a future franchise quarterback on hold.

The old one’s coming back.

Quarterback Drew Brees just announced on Instagram that he’s returning for the 2020 season.

Next to a photograph of a mountaintop on Instagram, he wrote: “My feelings about the 2020 season! I look forward to the grind and the journey, for the reward at the end will be worth it!!! Love you #WhoDatNation. Let’s make another run at it!”

The 41-year-old Brees has been with the Saints since 2006, and his coming back should help keep them atop the list of NFC contenders for another year.

The Saints are in an interesting position now, as they hope to hang onto restricted free agent gadget player Taysom Hill. Backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater‘s also an unrestricted free agent, and should have interest (even if not at the levels some are suggesting).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/18/drew-brees-announces-hes-playing-in-2020/

BB42F541-3BC8-40A2-8E5D-EE1BD233B0C5.jpeg

14 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

The Saints hault the progress of their franchise for now.

Brees sucks now. Just goes to show you how deceptive stats can be. Had nice stats last year but he sucks.

I think about 27 teams wished that they had a QB who Sucked as much as Brees did last year. 

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

If we trade Newton I could definitely see us going after Hill or Bridgewater. 

For some reason, I see Bridgewater in Indy.  Hill is like a picture in an art studio---looks great there, where the proper lighting and surroundings, but get it home and you think, "Why did I buy this?"

Archived