• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, Icege said:

The data was pulled via simple OSINT. Percentage of the population infected is the total amount of cases for the country divided by the population. The death rate was calculated by dividing the amount of deaths by the amount of cases.

What exactly is wrong with the math and the method there?

The data is flawed. Countries use test different. In Sweden, for example, there have not been any extensive testing and there won't be either. So the numbers do not reflect how many that has had the virus. It's a tip of the iceberg.

In the beginning the swedish number could more or less be stated as people that have been so sick that they had to go to the hospital. Then they got tested. People that have had mild symptoms have been ordered to stay home in quarantine and we have not been tested. I had to stay home for more than 2,5 week and if it was corona, a cold or mild influenza,  I dont really know.

Now a little later some personal on hospitals has been tested but as stated. They say there won't be any masstesting on the general population. 

Yesterday they mentioned that they had done a randomised study to find out how many that was sick in the Stockholm area (1-2million people depending city or region). So about 773 people was tested and 2,5% had the virus at that time of testing. That was more than a week ago. Now they think 5-10% might have it actively. There will be some models published later today and I hope it also includes numbers regarding people who did have the virus but do not have it actively.  I can link to it later if you want.

Anyway, that random test show that alot more than ~9000 has been infected. And let me include this.

Next week a similar study will be done  across the whole country. I think they said 4000 people was suppose to be tested. 

7 hours ago, Icege said:

Australia has achieved similar percentages with a larger population.

Did you bother looking at how they did it before attacking and dismissing them?

Don't just look at the population size.  Take a look at the map and really think about it for a second.  Its too unique of a situation to get any real data from, unless you are going to tell me they discovered a miracle drug.

The Asian countries have a lot to offer, but I can't help but be distrustful of their actual numbers.  I'm highly interested in what we can copy from Germany, whom I think is doing a great job with this.  

7 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

This is not a political issue. It is rather a humanitarian catastrophe.   Just implement the strictest measures like they did in other countries already.

What specifically are you calling "the strictest measures?"  Because from what I've seen as the strictest, is literally impossible to do in America unless you want a civil war.  Then after killing off millions of Americans, you can do those things.  Of course by then, the virus will be gone.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

What specifically are you calling "the strictest measures?"  Because from what I've seen as the strictest, is literally impossible to do in America unless you want a civil war.  Then after killing off millions of Americans, you can do those things.  Of course by then, the virus will be gone.

Watch this. In it, he explains and experiences everything we are not and most likely, will not do. They need fuging tickets to get into their appartment. 

In there, he's talking to a Russian couple living next to wuhan and they explain how they had to find out about the virus from their parents in Russia. China was hiding everything. 

• Pie 1

On 4/9/2020 at 6:33 AM, philit99 said:

I let my emotions get the better of me on previous posts, regarding our administration. My disdain for Trump stems from the fact that he alone is responsible for the deaths of many Americans. Trump even touting a new drug to fight this disease, has killed people. A couple in Phoenix took the drug due to Trumps proclamation and one of them died. Mr Trump does not think about consequences for any of his actions or anything that comes out of his mouth, he is short sighted. I completely agree that there is no playbook for this type of problem, so I try to cut Trump some slack. However, he is busy flapping his gums instead of letting health professionals educate the public and promote fact, instead of false positives. He just can’t help himself, this is about him, I suppose that is the case with all narcissists. In the end, people will have died directly due to our administrations false narratives, and inability to lead during a disaster. However, I am sure they will find someone else to blame, China, etc. Trump will then be re-elected because the Democrats cant find a suitable candidate and settled on the crypt keeper.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/briannasacks/man-died-chloroquine-phosphate-coronavirus

To be fair, the guy took Fish Tank Cleaner, and not exactly what the President said works. Also, it has been known to fight the disease a doctor in LA and a few others are using it. So it is not really a false narrative. 

• Pie 1

I am a little more optimistic than most people, and I downplay the Virus Alot. It is not because I don't think it is serious, I just don't think it is a serious as they say it is.  The President had positive thoughts, and positive outcomes, which is why he said the things he did. Once he realized that it is a little worse than he expected, he has changed his tune. The projections, change everyday. I am skeptical it will be above 50K Deaths, 2 weeks ago I said 20K deaths. Which we are at ~17K deaths in the US now. If the current projections are true, the peak will be next week for majority of the US. I am not a fan of the media's narrative of Doom and Gloom, and mass hysteria and mass death. I look at it, well so far, our deaths are not bad, could have been worse, here is the positive side of things ~26K have recovered from the Virus. I understand Trump is a different color of character than we are used to, and I know many people hate him. I understand that, but to turn this Virus into a caveat is not really an analytical way to see things at this point. 

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

To be fair, the guy took Fish Tank Cleaner, and not exactly what the President said works. Also, it has been known to fight the disease a doctor in LA and a few others are using it. So it is not really a false narrative. 

It says "Not for human consumption" right on the box.

10 hours ago, Harbingers said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-spy-agencies-collected-raw-intel-hinting-public-health-n1180646

“U.S. spy agencies collected raw intelligence hinting at a public health crisis in Wuhan, China, in November, two current and one former U.S. official told NBC News, but the information was not understood as the first warning signs of an impending global pandemic.”

Umm *cough* As I’ve been saying all along. 

You seem to be coughing a lot from thread to thread.  Maybe a test and quarantine would help?  At least for 14 days

21 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I am a little more optimistic than most people, and I downplay the Virus Alot. It is not because I don't think it is serious, I just don't think it is a serious as they say it is.  The President had positive thoughts, and positive outcomes, which is why he said the things he did. Once he realized that it is a little worse than he expected, he has changed his tune. The projections, change everyday. I am skeptical it will be above 50K Deaths, 2 weeks ago I said 20K deaths. Which we are at ~17K deaths in the US now. If the current projections are true, the peak will be next week for majority of the US. I am not a fan of the media's narrative of Doom and Gloom, and mass hysteria and mass death. I look at it, well so far, our deaths are not bad, could have been worse, here is the positive side of things ~26K have recovered from the Virus. I understand Trump is a different color of character than we are used to, and I know many people hate him. I understand that, but to turn this Virus into a caveat is not really an analytical way to see things at this point. 

Believe me, you are in the wrong neighborhood for analytical thinking.