• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

7 minutes ago, blackcat said:

Good.  Not in the same state, but the Florida Keys are requiring mask until June 2021 if indoors.

I’m not in the same state either but have friends in NC still.  Where I live it’s not required by the state and we’ve opened up but basically every store requires it or strongly encourages it in my city. Basically you’re weird if you don’t wear one. Temp checks too in some places. And we aren’t seeing crazy rises in cases or hospitalizations. Yesterday the percentage went from 2.9 to 4 out of 16000 tests a day and we thought that was really bad here. But NC has had double the cases and deaths. My friends back home tell me they barely see anybody wearing masks out.

point of the story. Wear fuging masks.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1

was staying in a mostly abandoned hospital in VERY rural tennessee for my surgery rotation, while traveling 15 minutes south to a different hospital for rotations. It's a weird situation. Hospital where I'm staying has an emed open, and they think they have a covid positive patient. I'm like "hell yeah I want to round on this person" so droplet precaution'd up and went inside to meet her. 

50s ish, 35 year smoking history, history of sternum cancer (no idea), hx of costochondritis, says she was living with two people who tested positive though when she talke dto me she didn't say they'd actually been tested. 

CXR some patchy infiltrates but nothing crazy. high fever that was responsive to tylenol. dry, unproductive cough and muscle pains. Patient did not appear to be in any acute distress.

Covid test results were pending, didn't want to CT her d/t risk of infecting the hospital. 

I listened to her lungs and they were clear. denied any flank pain or swelling in her toes. Couldn't find any thrombophlebitis or hemorrhaging. 

told the guy in charge of the hospital i though it was a pretty unimpressive presentation but we'd wait on the tests.

woman was lit the fug up with covid19. and she'd been working up to a day prior at a plant with 700 people. Hospital just got locked down and they kicked me out because they needed to have the rooms for their employees to quarantine. 

COVID!

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m not in the same state either but have friends in NC still.  Where I live it’s not required by the state and we’ve opened up but basically every store requires it or strongly encourages it in my city. Basically you’re weird if you don’t wear one. Temp checks too in some places. And we aren’t seeing crazy rises in cases or hospitalizations. Yesterday the percentage went from 2.9 to 4 out of 16000 tests a day and we thought that was really bad here. But NC has had double the cases and deaths. My friends back home tell me they barely see anybody wearing masks out.

point of the story. Wear fuging masks.

Yeah, Same in SC, especially on the coast.  I don't think they allow mask in Charleston County.  I was down there for Memorial Day and saw 1 mask the 3 days I was there.  

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

they’re requiring masks in Raleigh starting 4 pm. 

and rumor has it it will be statewide next week.

I think Cooper has been wanting to do this for a long time but knew the legislature would just pass a law reversing his order. Hopefully, he has enough cover to do it now.

I’m not sure what ‘teeth’ would come in his order, but hopefully they add mask requirements to the building occupancy code. 

Ive been to a few businesses here in clt that require masks, and I’ve enjoyed watching idiots be turned away and kicked out.

South Carolina is one of 10 states that are seeing their highest seven-day average of new coronavirus cases per day since the pandemic started months ago, according to a CNN analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.

The other states include Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas.

Myrtle Beach has been seeing an upward trend in new Covid-19 cases recently, mirroring the increase seen across South Carolina, according to Myrtle Beach Director of Public Information Mark Kruea.

"If you plan on vacationing in Myrtle beach, bring your mask and your patience," Kruea told CNN last week.
Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

2 hours ago, Whatev said:

Antibody test is $10.  Some companies will probably even pay that for you, which is why you’re seeing an increase in total numbers.  It doesn’t mean you are contagious now, it just means you either have it or have had  it.  More testing is obviously making these numbers go up.  Still be vigilant regarding distancing and wear masks you can. 

Antibody test isn’t accurate enough yet. 

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

was staying in a mostly abandoned hospital in VERY rural tennessee for my surgery rotation, while traveling 15 minutes south to a different hospital for rotations. It's a weird situation. Hospital where I'm staying has an emed open, and they think they have a covid positive patient. I'm like "hell yeah I want to round on this person" so droplet precaution'd up and went inside to meet her. 

50s ish, 35 year smoking history, history of sternum cancer (no idea), hx of costochondritis, says she was living with two people who tested positive though when she talke dto me she didn't say they'd actually been tested. 

CXR some patchy infiltrates but nothing crazy. high fever that was responsive to tylenol. dry, unproductive cough and muscle pains. Patient did not appear to be in any acute distress.

Covid test results were pending, didn't want to CT her d/t risk of infecting the hospital. 

I listened to her lungs and they were clear. denied any flank pain or swelling in her toes. Couldn't find any thrombophlebitis or hemorrhaging. 

told the guy in charge of the hospital i though it was a pretty unimpressive presentation but we'd wait on the tests.

woman was lit the fug up with covid19. and she'd been working up to a day prior at a plant with 700 people. Hospital just got locked down and they kicked me out because they needed to have the rooms for their employees to quarantine. 

COVID!

Wow! You're on the front line there, man. I wonder how many times the local outbreaks start from exactly the situation you saw in the ER? Something tells me it's just about every one of them in rural areas.

7 minutes ago, Whatev said:

The goal was to flatten the curve in order to not overburden health systems.  Are they being overrun?

could be overrun in the near future in several states.   Hospitalizations are trending up in many states.   Some of it is people getting into the hospitals finally for non-COVID stuff but beds are beds.   Next 2-3 weeks will tell the story really on how the rest of the year plays out IMO.