• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

On 6/22/2020 at 8:50 PM, Wes21 said:

What are you going to do?  Have the defunded police come in and start doing choke holds on people not wearing masks?  

Well considering I'm not a Republican I don't think extrajudicial murder by cops is the solution for all problems great and small, so no.

Good old social pressure will get some of it, city and county health ordinances will handle the rest.  Then we get to see the RiSk MaNaGeMeNt AnD pErSoNaL rEsPoNsIbIlItY people freak out about having to wear a piece of cloth to go to Walmart.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Boundary Guru said:

The wask wearing, where I live/work/play (Nags Head), is surprisingly really high. Granted Dare County just went into mandatory mask wearing this past Sunday. We, also, have a really high number of out of towners this time of year. As much as I bitch about the northerners, this time of year, I salute those now.

My (healthy 42 year old) experience with, what is believed to have been cavid-19, was HORRIBLE!!! 2ND sickest I have ever been. Total loss of smell and taste, sky high fever, red rash over the top of my left foot toward my 3 small toes, so congested in my head and an absolutely horrible lung condition for 5 weeks total starting Feb. 7th. Woke up to sneezing eight times at 3:00 am Feb. 7th, worked that next week, stayed home the next week, went back to work the week after (felt pretty good, until Friday), that Saturday night at 9:00 pm my fever spiked (1st time I had a fever), the whole office had to close the next week, as everyone was sick, then the next week I worked feeling like crap. Also, add being sick either with diarrhea or throwing up off and on throughout this 5 weeks. My whole family got it and I infected everyone I work with, all who got tested for the flu and were negative. MMM. Covid-19 earlier than they were saying that it was in the US? Crazy how I remember so much about this past sickness.

Sorry for the poo sentences, I don't feel like fixing and I have a few beers in me. Cheers everyone!

What's your blood type if you don't mind me asking

Just got a text back last night from a former coworker of mine who I keep up with. I hadn't been able to get in touch with him for the past month or so and that's not like him. I knew something had to be up. Turns out he had been in the hospital for the past five weeks with the rona. Not sure of his exact age, but he's early to mid 60s.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

O is the best blood type for this stuff. A is the worst. I haven't looked into exactly why.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about.  There were a couple of anecdotes and preprints about blood type and COVID severity going around back in March and April but there have been subsequent studies that established it more firmly.

The University of Oxford experimental COVID-19 vaccine seems to be very effective on test animals.  I'm not sure if they have moved on to human testing yet, but if they get the same results, it's a matter of clearing regulation hurdles and getting production started.  That still puts it out at least six months.

VERY promising Coronavirus Experimental Vaccine

Edited by 45catfan

Here is Utah the virus is exploding. 1k cases in two days, healthcare officials making the national headlines begging Utah to go back to more restrictions 

went shopping All around the city today today, if I’m being generous 25% of people wear masks, and it was very very busy

including employees of big chain stores, mom and pop, and businesses all over dealing with mass crowds

what the the holy hell is wrong with people

it’s come time to accept the virus is never going away or will be under control. People don’t want government invading their liberties yet they’re too fuging stupid to responsibility do it themselves lol starting to really lose faith I mean at what point do I need to refuse to interact with anyone not wearing a mask as if that’s even possible

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Here is Utah the virus is exploding. 1k cases in two days, healthcare officials making the national headlines begging Utah to go back to more restrictions 

went shopping All around the city today today, if I’m being generous 25% of people wear masks, and it was very very busy

including employees of big chain stores, mom and pop, and businesses all over dealing with mass crowds

what the the holy hell is wrong with people

it’s come time to accept the virus is never going away or will be under control. People don’t want government invading their liberties yet they’re too fuging stupid to responsibility do it themselves lol starting to really lose faith I mean at what point do I need to refuse to interact with anyone not wearing a mask as if that’s even possible

Wearing a mask isn’t a political statement it is an IQ test. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1