• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

In my book yes, I didn't live in those times, I don't have three acres of vegetables to get me by. The trail of tears was a tragedy to all 16,000 Cherokees that were forced to move, no doubt. There will be more than 16,000 Americans dead by the end of this week. I am not sure what your beef is with Woodrow Wilson he did crafted the Versailles Treaty.

you mean 60,000. what he did to them borders on the definition of genocide, and trump wasnt intentionally killing american civilians. not to mention how he was quite authoritarian in contrast to many presidents. and wilson.. oh boy dont even get me started on wilson. lets see.... won with the lowest popular vote percentage of a president, created the federal reserve, held confederate sympathies, the idea of interventionism which the US still abides by was born with wilson, refused to get into world war 1 until it was very late, when all of europe knew it took one more army to overrun germany's fronts. if teddy had won the election that year he no doubt would've gotten himself involved sooner, and while that might sound bad, that means the war doesnt devolve into the grueling stalemate it devolved into in our world. it also likely means the treaty isn't as harsh on germany, which could result in hitler never rising. he also got walked all over at the negiotations, i dont really see versailles as a good thing at all.

"First, Wilson conducted the war in ways that devastated the home front. Prices shot up into double digits, and then came a potent economic recession that lasted three years. He accepted the suppression of civil liberties by his notorious attorney general, A. Mitchell Palmer. His government nationalized many private industries, including the telegraph, telephone and railroad industries, along with the distribution of coal. Race riots erupted in numerous cities that claimed nearly 150 lives in two years.

Second, America’s entry into the war broke the stalemate, allowing the Allied powers to impose upon Germany devastating armistice terms. Third, when Wilson went to the Versailles peace conference bent on bringing to bear his humanitarian outlook and making the world safe for democracy, he promptly got outmaneuvered by the canny nationalist leaders of Britain and France, whose agenda had nothing to do with Wilson’s dreamy notions about a harmonious world born of his humanitarian vision.

The result was a humiliation of Germany that rendered another war nearly inevitable and created in that country a sump of civic resentment and venom that would poison its politics for a generation. We can’t say with certainty that Adolf Hitler wouldn’t have emerged in Germany if the stalemate of World War I had been settled through negotiations rather than diktat. But we can say that the world spawned by Wilson’s naïve war policies certainly created a political climate in Germany that paved the way for Hitler."

17 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Valid point. I just read too many threads defending a clown. Let me be clear, I make great money, I am happy in life. However, I am struggling to find supplies to live. What good is money, if you can't find what you need to survive. We need leadership, and the main office, is void of it.

source for my previous post: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/not-trump-or-obama-was-americas-worst-president-ever-118771

anyways, i dont see trump as a particurally great president, but my point is he isn't even close to the worst in our history. i'd probably say middling to below average. this virus couldnt have been prevented by trump. the real person to point fingers at is the chinese government and their suppression of info, not trump. 

15 minutes ago, stirs said:

"All of the Republicans have"

This message brought to you by an unbiased bystander, damn it!

There are tons of people working together, some, not so much.  Give it another month or so when things settle down, and then you can have at it.

Too much real stuff to do now to take seriously the partisan stuff

Not all republicans have been poor leaders during this. Mike DeWine has done a good job. He is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head. 

29 minutes ago, stirs said:

"hair on fire" folks like yourself are the reason toilet paper is gone.  if everyone would use a dose of reality instead of all the crazy click bait type stuff, it would make it much easier to get through this.  and it is absolutely about politics.

You are the reason Trump will be re elected.

1.7 million deaths - hair on fire

Then

1 million deaths - hair on fire

Then

700k deaths - hair on fire

and on and on and on.

Now we are down to 100k - 240k deaths -hair on fire

Bill Gates now says below 100k.

So, when 69k die, guess who will take credit for saving 1.6 million lives?

Good job

That’s because we’ve been social distancing that the numbers have gone down, you critical thinker you. So when 69k die what will will you say to the families when these measure should have been done a month beforehand when trump was calling it the flu and a liberal hoax?

• Pie 2

Also we won’t ever really know the real numbers. Reports from doctors suggest some deaths aren’t being tested for covid 19. We won’t ever really know the true scope of this. 

also this isn’t gonna be over after the summer because the world in general wasn’t aggressive enough like SK, Taiwan and Hong Kong. There will be flare ups and hot spots once social distancing measures are relaxed. Only a vaccine or viable treatment will stop this. 

22 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Also we won’t ever really know the real numbers. Reports from doctors suggest some deaths aren’t being tested for covid 19. We won’t ever really know the true scope of this. 

China didn’t even get around to testing the deceased until a couple weeks ago. That statistic is going to change a whole lot here.

Edited by Harbingers

3 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Democrats, I ask this question, why no rage towards china where the virus came from? You guys act like Trump created this virus in a lab. No other country has this virus figured out but lets put the blood on Trumps hands because we hate him so much and now is a great time to pile on. Only thing Obama would have done differently is he gives better press conferences. He would make Democrats feel so warm inside as the same things would be happening. 

A lot of you think we should have been way more prepared. Its a pandemic, No one was ready. And hindsight is always 20/20.

False

South Korea was way more prepared to deal with the virus than the USA.

This is not even debatable. 

16 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Democrats, I ask this question, why no rage towards china where the virus came from? You guys act like Trump created this virus in a lab. No other country has this virus figured out but lets put the blood on Trumps hands because we hate him so much and now is a great time to pile on. Only thing Obama would have done differently is he gives better press conferences. He would make Democrats feel so warm inside as the same things would be happening. 

A lot of you think we should have been way more prepared. Its a pandemic, No one was ready. And hindsight is always 20/20.

I’m not a Democrat, but the Trump lines where he stated, this will disappear, and only one or two people will catch it, is beyond infuriating. Our President chose to ignore all signs and kept the American people calm and ignorant, while this virus multiplied in our population. His arrogant early discussions about the virus, is my problem. How many Americans could he have saved by educating the public of the impending danger?

Furthermore, our President proclaimed that news sources that were trying to educate the public were telling lies and spreading fake news. <- The real American Tragedy.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 4

8 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Because we can’t control what China does. A lot of these wet markets are cultural things and/or a product of immense poverty. We can’t control what people eat or do thousands of miles away. What we can control is how our government responds to pandemics. Like the first thing you should not do is gut your pandemic response program. You should not be giving pressers downplaying the severity of the virus as a flu or as a liberal hoax to ruin your presidency. I’m also not a democrat but these things are common sense. For some reason there is a large population of people who don’t listen or believe in science. Weird.

• Pie 2