• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Do you have any idea of the testing increase amount (a raw number or percentage)?  I'm very curious to figure out the amount of tests being administered now relative to the number of prior positive cases.

Been hearing ads for tests being given at cvs now.  Probably helping the testing numbers to go up

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

No wonder you guys had a record day two ago with 19,000 tests!  Holy cow!  Now there is some concern that the next day topped it with only about 14,000 tests.

Yeah, you can get tested via CVS drive through. Also, the state is proactively testing people most at risk so they should be discovering more cases.

28 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Could have just drank 4-5 real beers.

Draft micros are a small fortune at BOA. Like $12 or $13 dollars if I remember correctly.  That's the reason you tailgate folks.   Catch a buzz and fill up your stomach before you walk to the stadium. :)

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Draft micros are a small fortune at BOA. Like $12 or $13 dollars if I remember correctly.  That's the reason you tailgate folks.   Catch a buzz and fill up your stomach before you walk to the stadium. :)

Seem to remember this pic from awhile ago.  I believe it was staged, he went around and found empty bottles

• Pie 1

On 5/19/2020 at 8:48 PM, Xtreme said:

Thousands aren't dying every day anymore and my state had zero COVID-19 deaths a few days ago. But had single digits the past two days. The virus isn't going anywhere but will be less of an impact in the summer. Are we suppose to keep everything closed indefinitely? Is everyone suppose to put their lives on hold indefinitely? If you're a high-risk candidate to catch the virus, then stay home. 

The cases went down because we social distanced. As soon as we stop doing that it will go way back up. If you didn't notice that most folks still social distance and millions won't go out to eat at a restaurant because folks can't eat or drink and wear a mask. The old saw of heat kills the virus may be true to a small extent but this is the South and folks go inside to the air conditioning when it gets hot. So being inside will be the same in June as it will in January. There are 20 states where the infection rate is going up and many are in the south and west where it is hot already. Georgia and Florida are 2 of them and they were some of the first to open up.

Edited by panthers55

The positive test rates in SC are similar to NC between 9%-10%.  As things here are nearly completely opened up, I will be watching the numbers closely over the next couple of weeks.  No doubt there will be a spike in  positive cases, it's a given, but the domino effect is what I will looking in depth at.