• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

13 minutes ago, stirs said:

you never know which is the right path with something like this

Trump is a moron, but Pelosi is a moron, Biden is a moron and none of them have anything but hindsight.

Fauci and the rest are not the all knowing people they were made out to be, WHO is a bunch of corrupt people.

Do you wait on a vaccine until next year and tell everyone they stay home until then?  How is that having a football season?  Sports without fans is about the only way unless the virus is truly losing its punch.  There were 2 strains identified early on, we talked about it some 300 pages ago.

If everyone under 40 gets it and does not pass along to their grandparents, then who knows, we might end up w herd immunity before the vaccine comes along.  You cannot shut down an economy for a year and a half while waiting on a vaccine.  Spectator sports will be the last thing back unless they are without spectators

There are NO easy roadmaps and putting your faith in politicians is certainly a roll of the dice.  Especially in an election year

Yeah but mostly it's Trump's fault tho

1 hour ago, SheepWearMasks said:

The definition for "ground zero" before 9/11 was and still is "..the point on Earth's surface directly above or below an exploding nuclear bomb.."

Then on top of that, The Manhattan Project from WWII .. research and development that produced first nuclear weapons ..

They called where the Twin Towers fell in Manhattan; Ground Zero .. hm

What the f are you actually on about? 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's impossible to explain the irrationality of logic being pushed aside for politics and/or emotions. It's why I just look at our society today and shake my head. So much of today's society is absolutely baffling to any rational human.

Couldn't agree moee

13 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm speaking for myself and the more rural area where I live, but people aren't seeing the massive fallout that was promised. 

We were basically promised an airborne Ebola death wave and ended up with a more contagious and a little more deadly flu that you may or may not get and we wont even test you for it anyway.

They aren't being irrational. It's been a lot of "you shut me down and destroyed my business for this?" A lot of response is based on experience and when your experiences and the people you know are next to nil, its not going to generate what you consider to be arational response.

county i live in has 9 cases.  i hope it doesn't catch on here.  none of the old people i see out are wearing masks or doing anything about it. i don't think a lot of people here understood it would take a while to get here.   

17 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm speaking for myself and the more rural area where I live, but people aren't seeing the massive fallout that was promised. 

We were basically promised an airborne Ebola death wave and ended up with a more contagious and a little more deadly flu that you may or may not get and we wont even test you for it anyway.

They aren't being irrational. It's been a lot of "you shut me down and destroyed my business for this?" A lot of response is based on experience and when your experiences and the people you know are next to nil, its not going to generate what you consider to be arational response.

That's what the people of Arizona, Texas, and Florida thought too.

33 minutes ago, SheepWearMasks said:

In Event 201 by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation + The Johns Hopkins University, the simulated Pandemic Preparedness Exercise happens identical to what is currently happening ..

In Event 201, states open up too quickly and a second wave worse than the first ends up happening and things shut down again ..

Event 201 .. it was October 18th 2019 in NYC .. the same day the Military Games in Wuhan, China began

Wtf are you rambling about?

8 minutes ago, raz said:

county i live in has 9 cases.  i hope it doesn't catch on here.  none of the old people i see out are wearing masks or doing anything about it. i don't think a lot of people here understood it would take a while to get here.   

I think that's the big issue. Everyone thought this was just a NY/NJ problem with no understanding that with America's relatively low population density outside of a few major cities, it was going to be relatively slow to spread through the country but ultimately part of the country would be spared.

20 minutes ago, SheepWearMasks said:

Andy Reid won his 222nd game on 2/2/2020 against SF ... SF had 222 million towards their cap ..

2/2/2020 is exactly 222 weeks from 1/1/2015 .. the date the KC Royals won the World Series

My mind is blown

24 minutes ago, raz said:

That’s the thing with exponential growth. The case rate will look flat for a while until it explodes. 

See Houston.

Here is how the country and the world will play out if masks and social distancing dont become a way of life.

Exploding cases -> lockdowns -> return to ‘normal’ -> gradual case increase -> cases explode in a short period of time -> lockdowns 

It’s predictable.

PS....Invest in businesses that can survive this dynamic.

44 minutes ago, stirs said:

you never know which is the right path with something like this

Trump is a moron, but Pelosi is a moron, Biden is a moron and none of them have anything but hindsight.

Fauci and the rest are not the all knowing people they were made out to be, WHO is a bunch of corrupt people.

Do you wait on a vaccine until next year and tell everyone they stay home until then?  How is that having a football season?  Sports without fans is about the only way unless the virus is truly losing its punch.  There were 2 strains identified early on, we talked about it some 300 pages ago.

If everyone under 40 gets it and does not pass along to their grandparents, then who knows, we might end up w herd immunity before the vaccine comes along.  You cannot shut down an economy for a year and a half while waiting on a vaccine.  Spectator sports will be the last thing back unless they are without spectators

There are NO easy roadmaps and putting your faith in politicians is certainly a roll of the dice.  Especially in an election year

No one is suggesting another lockdown. Simply wearing face masks when in public and practicing basic social distancing among groups. Team sports likely aren't going to be able to happen. Someone will get it and it'll probably cause an outbreak. Testing everyone everyday may or may not prevent the outbreak, but what are you going to do when a team is missing 10+ players from COVID not to mention other football related injuries? It'll be impacting the integrity of the game at that point. I think the NFL will try to have a season but unfortunately for them, the NFL season coincides with peak cold/flu season. Their season will almost certainly get derailed by this.

Most aspects of life can get back to relative normalcy with people wearing masks and socially distancing. Some things just won't be able to, team sports likely among them. Concerts, clubs, theaters, etc... well, it sucks but you're probably sidelined. I'm fine with creating economic lifelines for the impacted businesses as the list will be a LOT shorter than it was during the lockdowns.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, SheepWearMasks said:

The definition for "ground zero" before 9/11 was and still is "..the point on Earth's surface directly above or below an exploding nuclear bomb.."

Then on top of that, The Manhattan Project from WWII .. research and development that produced first nuclear weapons ..

They called where the Twin Towers fell in Manhattan; Ground Zero .. hm

1 hour ago, SheepWearMasks said:

When the first plane hit the Twin Towers on 9/11 .. it was 8:46 AM ..

The cop was on George Floyd's neck for 8 min and 46 sec .. in the Twin Cities

should probly mark this account as spam but i kinda want to see where this goes

KCMO just enacted a mask mandate and the reactions are as one might expect for a midwestern stereotype...

"Is it about the virus, or is it about control? Wake up, people!"

I just don't understand.

Edited by KSpan

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what the people of Arizona, Texas, and Florida thought too.

Here's the thing though. More businesses here have been closed permanently than cases of covid-19. We have been interacting with other people all along, just no one wants to really admit it. 

After 5 months there has to be more than what's happened. People are over the fearmongering and the sky is falling. If they get sick, they get sick. They have accepted the risks and are willing to take them. They aren't going to exist cowered in their homes waiting for someone to say it's safe now. Covid-19 is not the boogeyman it was made out to be and people aren't scared of it anymore. Maybe they will be at some point, but it isn't right now. 

• Pie 1