• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Here is the NC school plan and extension of phase 2.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/north-carolina-coronavirus-school-august-online-in-person/33299876

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced guidelines on Tuesday that will allow the state's K-12 schools to reopen at reduced in-classroom capacity but give parents and school districts the choice to have classes entirely online.

In-person instruction will have to adhere to “Plan B,” which restricts schools to 50% capacity when classes start in August.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

What’s so hard about wearing a mask? Construction workers do it daily, Food packers do it daily, Painters do it daily, dentists do it daily, food handlers do it daily, computer chip makers do it daily, biologists do it daily, pharmaceuticals do it daily, Homicide unit does it daily... I can list thousands more professions that wear PPE(with masks) on a daily basis. But some little insignificant fug things it’s an affront to their person? Get the fug out of here and go handle asbestos for a week without gloves or a mask. 

I used to build boats and paint them with some nasty 2 part urethane and epoxy paints for a living.Respirators were required every Damn day, in shops that had no a.c. In the summer months. Respirators are much harder to breathe in than a simple mask.  Just some perspective for all the anti mask crybabies out there.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

If a food worker that could breathe germs, bacteria and potentially virus on the food that you get in a store without a mask. Why should I want you breathing those things on me because you think you shouldn’t have to wear a mask?

There is no argument for not wearing a mask. There is simply not. Either don’t go out, or wear a mask. End of story. It’s not forever, but hopefully people will learn from the Asian cultures. Wearing masks aren’t to protect yourself from other people, it’s to protect them from you. Because people have social Awareness outside of America. 

So stop. I mean come on. It gives everyone the excuse to wear a Darth Vader or Bane mask if they want. But noooo.... fugging idiots.

All good points and I agree...yet it's still silly to compare what people do at work and get paid for vs not.

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What baffles me is that people will believe a politician (who is blatantly ignoring his own advisors) over actual expert medical professionals because... well, honestly because they're really unintelligent.

Have you seen the state of higher education lately?  I'd give as just much respect to a trashman's opinion to a glorified doctor who paid for his degree.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

52 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I used to build boats and paint them with some nasty 2 part urethane and epoxy paints for a living.Respirators were required every Damn day, in shops that had no a.c. In the summer months. Respirators are much harder to breathe in than a simple mask.  Just some perspective for all the anti mask crybabies out there.

What was really cool was when you wore the respirator around town for free. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Have you seen the state of higher education lately?  I'd give as just much respect to a trashman's opinion to a glorified doctor who paid for his degree.

Remember that if you ever need surgery. I’m sure the trash man is cheaper.

• Flames 3

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

What was really cool was when you wore the respirator around town for free. 

The whole 'wearing a mask doesn't benefit me so I won't do it' angle is incorrect in numerous ways that have been discussed in recent pages.

• Pie 1