• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The "but we're testing more now!" crowd doesn't understand math. Yeah, we are testing more now. We're also seeing a much higher percentage of positives. The increase in cases is NOT simply due to increased testing. We're also running a lot more tests right now than other countries because our active case count is rapidly accelerating while their case count is very low.

this.

yes, we are testing more than other countries.  In part for 2 reasons, we have more people than most countries and the virus is out of control here.

but we could test less.  We could make testing only available for the very sick.  We could NOT lead the world in COVID cases BUT...we would still lead the world in COVID deaths as we currently do.  Only with less testing, we would have even more deaths.  Because it would spread even more than it currently is with our bad testing.  We still don't have good testing.  We have a lot of testing.  We have quantity.  Never figured out the quality aspect.

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Your death rate is 4.5% in Denmark and the US is 3.7%, FYI.  Also, the population of Denmark is the size of just one of our states, Colorado (5.8 million).  So yes, controlling the situation is your country would be much more manageable than a country of 330 million.  Unlike Europe, the COVID-19 response in America is handled at the local levels with recommendations from the Federal government.  So when you see the news about this being all Trump's fault, please understand that is was honestly handled at the state and local levels.  Like now how Governor Cuomo of New York and NYC's mayor De Blasio are now heroes in the media because of the improving COVID-19 statistics, they still have the highest death rate in all of America.  At the time, both of these guys were blaming the Federal government for the catastrophe in their state, but now, they take all the credit since things are improving.

We pretty much only test people with symptoms, so our deathrate is much lower. Our totalnumber of infected is much higher than what is showed. 

I know we are built sooooo much different than you guys, we have a wider social security for our citizens, for instance while the country was shut down every Dane was sent home with salary. My post was not meant to be a pissing match about who have battled this thing in the best way. I was just saying, we closed the country down. While that had a huge effect in itself it was also part of the reason every Dane took this poo serious from the get go. Aaaaal the way over here, it seems that is the biggest issue in the states, way to many people do not take it serious, Reading this thread I can see why. 

Oh and by the way... Another reason Denmark is up and running, is the fact that his was not used to politicizing from any party  or politician. Everyone stood behind our Primeminister knowing this was bigger than politics. 

I hope you all will battle this and what else comes your way. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Oh good god. The problem with things like this is that there is valid information mixed in with unprovable nonsense, aka things that most folks won't bother to look into and will accept as truth.

The one concern I do share in this is about the speed and rigor of the development process. These things are moving at unprecedented speeds and part of vaccine safety evaluation is long-term effect... there simply will not be long-term data when these roll out. Perhpas there will be breakthroughs and advancements in vaccine development that come from this but I've seen studies and programs for numerous vaccine IPs and it's always a horizon of years. I have other concerns as well but this is definitely my largest.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, klumme said:

We pretty much only test people with symptoms, so our deathrate is much lower. Our totalnumber of infected is much higher than what is showed. 

I know we are built sooooo much different than you guys, we have a wider social security for our citizens, for instance while the country was shut down every Dane was sent home with salary. My post was not meant to be a pissing match about who have battled this thing in the best way. I was just saying, we closed the country down. While that had a huge effect in itself it was also part of the reason every Dane took this poo serious from the get go. Aaaaal the way over here, it seems that is the biggest issue in the states, way to many people do not take it serious, Reading this thread I can see why. 

Oh and by the way... Another reason Denmark is up and running, is the fact that his was not used to politicizing from any party  or politician. Everyone stood behind our Primeminister knowing this was bigger than politics. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9sJdNZbSo

Edited by Happy Panther

5 hours ago, CatTower said:

I see the war on the coronavirus similar to the war on terrorism or war on drugs.  You can't police everyone, you can't stop the virus.  You can only slow it down until a vaccine is provided.  Creating this nanny state seems more like preparation for something else than an actual virus that kills less than 1% of the population.

You can as an American listen to the smart people and watch what other countries did. We aren't anywhere close to a nanny state.

2 hours ago, stirs said:

So much better than thinking with your brain

My gut seems to be backed up by a lot of criticism of this by the doctors and scientist who actually work in the field of vaccines. Pretty much saying she's full of poo and is providing disinformation that sounds just good enough for stupid people to eat up.

If anything sets off red flags about gut feelings its these crackpots on youtube and facebook.

Edited by Moo Daeng

8 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

A vaccine will be available before Nov 2nd but a million americans will die? Like thats not even taking into account all the treatment options that have been developed. And the number of intubations has dropped significantly because they found oxygenating patients way more effective.

A vaccine for a hoax? Why?