• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Folks ( neighbors ) cross the road from me decided to have a family get together today.  Bout a dozen cars over there as far as I can tell - looks like a family bar b q .  Full up with babies to old timers.  I guess they didn't see the news for the last month.

Eh...if everyone there has been isolated for the past three weeks, the odds of spreading anything are really low.

• Pie 1

Just now, Tbe said:

Eh...if everyone there has been isolated for the past three weeks, the odds of spreading anything are really low.

Unfortunately, that's wildly innaccurate. According to Colorado data, approximately 50% of carriers are asymptomatic. Over 80% of carriers under 30 are asymptomatic.

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, that's wildly innaccurate. According to Colorado data, approximately 50% of carriers are asymptomatic. Over 80% of carriers under 30 are asymptomatic.

Sure, but does the virus persist in the body and remain contagious for weeks on end? I haven’t seen anything about that.

I didn’t realize you were in CO. Anyway, Im just saying if they all feel confident that their exposure has been limited via self isolation then they are prob ok. Who knows though. Just playing devils advocate.

Edited by Tbe

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Sure, but does the virus persist in the body and remain contagious for weeks on end? I haven’t seen anything about that.

I didn’t realize you were in CO. Anyway, Im just saying if they all feel confident that their exposure has been limited via self then they are prob ok. Who knows though. Just player devils advocate.

Yeah, that's the problem. With so many asymptomatic or mild symptom carriers combined with atrocious access to testing, we honestly have no idea who's carrying this virus and potentially contagious.

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

I didn’t realize you were in CO. Anyway, Im just saying if they all feel confident that their exposure has been limited via self isolation then they are prob ok. Who knows though. Just playing devils advocate.

Just read an article today that said in SK, they are now seeing a wave of recovered patients who were testing negative "relapse" and are now testing positive and developing symptoms again.  This is crazy....

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Just read an article today that said in SK, they are now seeing a wave of recovered patients who were testing negative "relapse" and are now testing positive and developing symptoms again.  This is crazy....

Hoping they didn't get their original test kits from China

30 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I don't see where it says they are developing symptoms again, only that they tested positive. Pretty important distinction.

Yes there were people that were on the road to recovery and were clear of the virus and developed symptoms again a couple days afterwards. South Korea is a good example of it.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

1 hour ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I don't see where it says they are developing symptoms again, only that they tested positive. Pretty important distinction.

Yes. Testing positive again means that they may have anti-bodies to it and not showing symptoms but can spread it. Highly infection disease and we may never escape this.