• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

56 minutes ago, philit99 said:

That’s one reason. Opinionated news that masquerades as fact, has damaged our society, our way of thinking, and our country. I think opinionated news should be labeled entertainment by law, and forced to lose the “news” designation. How else can the feeble minded distinguish fact from opinion?

I think they know it is all BS, but they endorse it because it gives their hidden agendas credibility.  Every time he grabs some "emergency funding" or tax breaks, he gives the masses a taste and feeds the rich a full course meal.  These red-hatted morons praise him for the taste.  They are gas-lighted, propagandized, cult figures.  When Trump no longer needs their vote--as will be the case if he is re-elected--and if he has the support of a loyal and equally-corrupt senate (Burr from NC, for example), he won't even have to lie to his cult.  They will no longer be needed or useful. That is his pattern with everyone and everything in his miserable existence.

They know not what they do. 

• Flames 1

I suppose all the great "leaders" of the world will now step down because of the virus.

We all knew when we reached the virus peak, the political curve would start bending upward.  Very natural process.

Can't wait till all the Governors will be judged by their efforts.  Or maybe leadership only extends so far in our political biased world.

You guys are major ax grinders

I think this thread is pretty useless now.  No more 1.7 million deaths or hair on fire takes, now just the political blame games.

By the way, I think Twitter will save us all

• Pie 1

I see the rest of the world blaming China. 

I see the Deomcrats blaming Trump. 

Ive seen the Democrats blame trump since he came in iffice. From day one. 

Trump has not handled this great. He said it would be over in april and it was just like the flu. He is human. He loves his economy. But he is the President and he didn't creat the virus. So fall in line as if hilary was in office. That way you won't complain. Even though people would still be suffering. 

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think they know it is all BS, but they endorse it because it gives their hidden agendas credibility.  Every time he grabs some "emergency funding" or tax breaks, he gives the masses a taste and feeds the rich a full course meal.  These red-hatted morons praise him for the taste.  They are gas-lighted, propagandized, cult figures.  When Trump no longer needs their vote--as will be the case if he is re-elected--and if he has the support of a loyal and equally-corrupt senate (Burr from NC, for example), he won't even have to lie to his cult.  They will no longer be needed or useful. That is his pattern with everyone and everything in his miserable existence.

They know not what they do. 

he's already floated that burr should step down, though nothing came of it. Burr decided to refer his actions to....a committee full of his senate colleagues. 

Burr isn't running for reelection in 2022 anyway. meadows stepped down/over to trumps CoS to avoid a loss in 2020 because NC looks like it's going to be a bloodbath. He's positioning himself to grab the new vacant seat. 

If Burr goes down before 2022, Cooper gets to appoint his replacement....from the same political party. lovely little system you have there, NC. 

Thom Tillis is dead in the water. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Median home value in my CO town is $612k.

But how are wages? I know in my field CO pays much much more. Median house price in Co is 397k and Utah is 338k. Both are skyrocketing though.

But again CO has much more to offer than SLC so it make sense to me. I’d never compare SLC to Denver or Portland, Seattle etc. SLC is comparable to Boise...or De Moines...from all those cities I’ve been to. And they’re much cheaper.

It’s why I’ve kept saying I lived in Charlotte for a long time and if I wasn’t a west coast kind of person you really get GREAT value for your money there. Excellent city. Don’t know how good those guys know they have it compared to us Midwest/west coasters.

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

But how are wages?

Median household income in $78.5k. My wife and I make (well, made) well over that and paid well under the current median value years ago. I have no idea how a lot of people are making this work. If I had to guess, a lot of my neighbors are absolutely awash in debt. Lots of single income households up here with three quarter million dollar homes, two $60K+ vehicles in the driveway, and two kids in private school.

23 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

you can't really talk about corona without politics since it's been such a massive and historic failure from the executive level. 

the books on this will be incredible. 

It’s fail by the world, not US.  US actually in much better shape than the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, motocross_cat said:

Sweet jesus.  That's the price of 3 pretty good sizes homes here.

Yep, I could buy my house in my hometown of NC all day long for $200k at most and that's with my NC town having boomed in recent years. A few years ago, $150k would've bought it.

We ran models at work to see how this pandemic relates to other financial fallouts and actually  coronavirus pandemic is closely relates to war model than financial crisis.  The good news here is post war models show quick economic boom with very short but powerful recession.

• Pie 2
28 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

because every tweet you make is archived, even if its deleted, and there's no evidence she made that and deleted it. that's just a rumor that's bounced around in your fever dream infected mind. 

There is video of Pelosi saying come to China town in Feb after Trump made the travel ban to paint him as a xenophobe. 

Whether the travel ban worked. Is that his fault? If he says hault travel and people start calling him racist, i think its pretty evident that he called for it. Might not have worked perfect but even Biden said it was the right thing to do even though he was critical at first. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, I could buy my house in my hometown of NC all day long for $200k at most and that's with my NC town having boomed in recent years. A few years ago, $150k would've bought it.

Makes moving hard with my cost of living around here.