• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Mask update: I went ahead and ordered some new masks so that I can swap them out and have extras.  I ended up ordering 3 more of the style I like the best.  However, the ~$7 version of the mask that I bought originally is on backorder and is not scheduled to get here for a while, so I went ahead and bought the $25 version of the same style mask that was in stock and ready to ship.  I figured I'd give it a shot and see if there was a difference, other than availability.  The look is exactly the same, and as far as I can tell the materials are exactly the same.  What I will say is the "fit and finish" of the $25 version of the mask seems to be better.  The little plastic pieces on my cheaper mask spin around a little bit and have even come off while transporting the mask.  The new one seems like those pieces are more "locked" in place and stable.  At the bottom of the cheaper mask, there is a small gap between my face and the mask (kind of like a surgical mask), where as the $25 one hugs it snuggly with no gap.

image.png.7d754b68d215a3f52a1de61559eabaf5.png

49 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Mask update: I went ahead and ordered some new masks so that I can swap them out and have extras.  I ended up ordering 3 more of the style I like the best.  However, the ~$7 version of the mask that I bought originally is on backorder and is not scheduled to get here for a while, so I went ahead and bought the $25 version of the same style mask that was in stock and ready to ship.  I figured I'd give it a shot and see if there was a difference, other than availability.  The look is exactly the same, and as far as I can tell the materials are exactly the same.  What I will say is the "fit and finish" of the $25 version of the mask seems to be better.  The little plastic pieces on my cheaper mask spin around a little bit and have even come off while transporting the mask.  The new one seems like those pieces are more "locked" in place and stable.  At the bottom of the cheaper mask, there is a small gap between my face and the mask (kind of like a surgical mask), where as the $25 one hugs it snuggly with no gap.

image.png.7d754b68d215a3f52a1de61559eabaf5.png

Let me tell you about the pair of speedos I got last week.

32 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

The never-ending quest to feel smart and special enters a new week

My Dad is like that. Despite the fact that he struggled in school, didn’t get into college, has fallen for multiple scams throughout his life, he still firmly believes he is smarter than everyone and knows how to vet information.

The guy loves some conspiracies. He texts me a new one every week. 

• Pie 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, Inimicus said:

Re posting this poo should be a bannable offense.

Im all for people having different opinions but spreading anti-science mumbo-jumbo that actively endangers people should cross a line.

Lol,

Political Science is real

All viruses matter

You guys think viruses are a joke you can prevent with a handkerchief.

Who is the real idiot?

35 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

You guys are hilarious AND dangerous. Whomever is responsible for this is ROFL at you.

Real science and understanding for just how tiny and light a virus is goes out the window come election time.

Virus particles, among anything else that might be in your exhalation, relies on air velocity to move far. Having a mask doesn't filter particles, it creates obstacles and turbulence that cuts down and redirects breath airspeed, thereby minimizing the 'cloud' radius of someone's breath or especially a sneeze or cough. Folks with foggy glasses (such as myself) are walking examples of how this works and I worked a job where we wore surgical masks for hours on end. No ill effects.

Additionally, of direct benefit to the wearer is the mask preventing unconscious touching of their face/mouth/nose, which could be a source of infection via cross-contamination.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 3

43 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

You guys are hilarious AND dangerous. Whomever is responsible for this is ROFL at you.

Real science and understanding for just how tiny and light a virus is goes out the window come election time.

What baffles me is that people will believe a politician (who is blatantly ignoring his own advisors) over actual expert medical professionals because... well, honestly because they're really unintelligent.

• Beer 1