• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

17 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Mother in law just got diagnosed with pnumonia, they administered the test and will know the results in 3 days they said.  She is 72 and a lung cancer survivor.  Really worried about this

She’s gonna be ok. Positive thoughts. Might be good to put the phone down and disconnect for a few days as well. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Mother in law just got diagnosed with pnumonia, they administered the test and will know the results in 3 days they said.  She is 72 and a lung cancer survivor.  Really worried about this

I took my mother into Duke med in Raleigh on Thursday.  She also had pneumonia,  test came back negative, but we were in the hall way of the er from around 3:00pm and finally got into a room at 5:30am Friday morning.

She is home now, doing better but dr was worried.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

good luck to all y'all bro

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Sorry, thats about the worst combo too, just....I have similar deals with my parents, if my pops gets it I give him a 50/50 4x heart bypass 12 years ago and blood clot on his lungs 4 years ago, been on oxygen 24/7 since. 

Edited by Basbear

8 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Guilford County now has one patient with Coronavirus, Forsyth has 4 I believe, Wake county has 15, and Durham County has 16, 15 of which are Duke students that traveled recently. Bunker down folks, this is no joke.

I mean....that is just 36 people in a state of 10.4 mil. I wouldn't say that is panic mode yet. 

Of course, given how far we are behind in testing compared to prepared countries, the number is likely far, far, far higher. 

• Poo 1

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....that is just 36 people in a state of 10.4 mil. I wouldn't say that is panic mode yet. 

Of course, given how far we are behind in testing compared to prepared countries, the number is likely far, far, far higher. 

64 people now

On 3/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

em9qS.jpg

Truth of the matter is that if you don't feel bad, you aren't necessarily going to know to stay home. 

Fun fact: anyone can get the Flu. Many, many people likely have the Flu and are asymptomatic; a virus that killed 61,099 in the US alone during the winter of 2017-2018. The response to those deaths is minimal and it's understandable. 

Coronavirus seems to be more cantagious, sure, but we don't know what the true mortality rate is. Most likely we will find the mortality rate to be much lower than it's projected right now as there are going to be many, many people without symptoms and many more who have symptoms but aren't tested, thus aren't included in immediate "confirmed cases"