• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seth Roberts a Panther

Double Trouble

9 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

My question is why are we signing all these guys now when we could get most of them after the comp period ends and keep our comp picks?   

Baffling

Seriously. This is one of my biggest gripes about our offseason so far. Signing all these lower end free agents, none of whom will be difference makers, cancels out all of our potential comp picks. I guess they realize a day 3 pick is more likely than not to be a bust with Hurney so why not just pick up as many free agents as possible

Is this going to be the annual FA WR who is presented as a FA steal and emerging talent? Jarius Wright (who admittedly had a solid 2018), Russel Shepherd before him, Jarrett Boykin before him, Tiquan Underwood before him, Domenik Hixon (though he does have the legendary TD catch vs NO in 2013) before him...

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Is this going to be the annual FA WR who is presented as a FA steal and emerging talent? Jarius Wright (who admittedly had a solid 2018), Russel Shepherd before him, Jarrett Boykin before him, Tiquan Underwood before him, Domenik Hixon (though he does have the legendary TD catch vs NO in 2013) before him...

I honestly think they are drafting a Wr some where in the top 4 rounds and this guy is just insurance if the guy isn't ready in the top 4 rounds..

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
Going through some recent deals and seeing new #Panthers WR Seth Roberts got $3.75 million on a one-year deal negotiated by
@DavidMulughetaof@AthletesFirst Roberts cashed in before the receiver market crashed. Good timing.

Horrible deal. Great WR class and we are giving our WR4 almost $4M? Did Hurney not learn from Torrey Smith’s $6M for 17 catches?

If we blow through this draft of cheap talented WRs to give Anderson and Roberts $16M for 1 year then we really do deserve what we get

I’m pretty sure we just blew threw our comp picks now. Oh well, I was hoping for a major rebuild through the draft to get us ready to dominate the division after Brees and Brady, with an almost 40 year old Ryan. Looks like we are hoping to slowly improve over 5-11 and get to a .500 team with a low ceiling.

I prefer Kirkwood over Roberts long-term. I think Anderson is our deep threat, Samuel can get downfield too and is a "gadgety" guy that just needs the ball in his hands to kill ya, Moore our well-rounded precision route runner with crazy YAC ability. 

I think Roberts made more sense before we got Robby. I think he was an insurance policy that I'd prefer using his $3.5M towards a CB. I think Roberts is no higher than a WR4 for us and I think Kirkwood can be that guy, and a day 3 draft pick can be our WR5 instead of Roberts. 

I wish we could cut Roberts and Davis, then convert that $6.5M towards a CB. I can see Cockrell or Dennard asking for $4-5M per.

50 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Either way what a terrible contract. Mike Garofolo even called us out. Hurney is just awful

Dumb.  Hurney blowing us getting a comp pick by signing this guy to a bloated contract.  Could have gotten for less than 2 million and he wouldn't count for the comp formula. 

19 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
Going through some recent deals and seeing new #Panthers WR Seth Roberts got $3.75 million on a one-year deal negotiated by
@DavidMulughetaof@AthletesFirst Roberts cashed in before the receiver market crashed. Good timing.

Ffs.  3.75 mil???   Hope they have a plan for a ROI on that investment.  

Archived