• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season opener

pantherdad

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Getting beat down by the defending SB champs in the season opener on prime time TV would certainly not be a ceremonious start to the Rhule era.

This defense is going to take a long time to gel. Mahomes and company would put up video game numbers facing us in week one.

The NFL would love that TBH. 

Its definitely weird going into  a season with low expectations but also relaxing in a certain way. I havent felt this way since 2011 when we didnt know what We were getting and just enjoying the ride. We know after that season the expectations went threw the roof and never came down.  Stress levels on this team have been ridiculous the last 9 years. I kinda like kicking feet up and just watching what happens.

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, I kinda was working on that.  I jotted down a simple chart on paper of teams that likely will be in the QB market next year, but with the criteria of a probable top 10 pick and definitely taking a QB with their top pick.  I came up with two teams (besides the Panthers) the Jags and Bears.  I got possibles for the Skins and Lions.  Are the Lions really ready to move on from Stafford?  The Skins are giving up on Haskins really soon and I don't know if Rivera would want to go through rookie growing pains again.

There's also the massive Aaron Rodgers wildcard out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he forces his way out of GB after this season.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's also the massive Aaron Rodgers wildcard out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he forces his way out of GB after this season.

True, but I doubt he goes to a bottom dwelling team.  He'll likely go to a contender or at least a team trending upwards.  I can't see the Jags.  I could see him wanting to go within the division, but the Packers wouldn't allow it, so the Bears aren't candidates either.

I could see him going to the Pats, Broncos or Colts.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I could see him going to the Pats, Broncos or Colts.

Agreed. The Broncos are going to give Drew Lock a full test drive this season, but if that doesn't look like it'll pan out I could definitely see Elway trying to ride with an aging HOF QB again. 

3 hours ago, pantherdad said:

I have this gut feeling we are going to open up the season against the Chiefs on Thursday night on NBC

Hope not.  I was hoping we’d fly under the radar for at least 8 games.  Beating the SB champs at their place in prime time will ruin that.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

You would think the NFL would want to match up the Chiefs with a better opponent than us. 

Casuals love high flying, high scoring games. The Chiefs hanging 60+ points on us would be good for business and it's probably not out of the question.

If true, and I’ve seen the rumor too, then it’s a 50 to nothing home opener gift to the Chiefs

i can’t see the Nfl doing that, they want  a marquee matchup  up for the season opener and nothing about the Panthers is marque...Panthers have also bombed on prime time multiple times in the past couple of years 

I do know, if it goes on, the ND vs Wake Forest game is scheduled for Saturday the 26th. So it would stand to reason first game away. Next game home. Third game away (due to ND)

Maybe Tepper’s money gets that Home  opener for the chiefs...who knows 

lol this wouldn't surprise me a little bit

The NFL has proven over and over that they do not care about this franchise and sending us into this buzzsaw as a nice little tune up game for profit margins patty to throw 6 touchdowns on to attract the normies would be right in their modus operandi

This is the kind of deconstruction that ends reputations and careers

Archived