• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your all-time favorite panthers rumor/conspiracy theory

PhillyB

3 hours ago, Bronn said:

I got this third hand from a friend, but:

Smitty and his wife were visiting a tattoo parlor back in the day/towards the end of Jake's decline. The friend that told me this short story got it from the tattoo artist that was working on Smitty's wife's tattoo.

Anyways, there is some small talk during the process, and of course it turns to football at times. The subject of Jake is brought up and Smitty, obviously frustrated, jokes something along the lines of "Man. Jake couldn't get it to Jerry Rice on Jerry's best day."

It is pretty mild and mundane, but I always believed this happened, and I felt 100% the same way at the time, even though I still liked Jake for what he gave us for all those year before. I still like Jake too to this day, but he outstayed his time way too long, especially if it was that obvious to his #1 at  the time.

That Tommy John surgery ruined him. He was never even close to the same after that on the field, physically or mentally.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, PhillyB said:

Mine, hands down, is that Brenton Bersin was Jerry Richardson's lawn boy as a kid. Jerry would take him down to his mansion in Beaufort and rail the poo out of him, a relationship that was ongoing for years. Jerry covered his tuition for an expensive private school in Charlotte and then got him into Wofford, and finally onto the Panthers as a free agent, all as hush equity. Jerry had him on an NDA and Bersin's release coincided with Jerry's departure from the team.

The guy that told me this has been right about some other insider stuff, but he was pretty plastered when he related this, so who knows. Really makes u think

When you say “rail” are you saying he sodomized him?  

Sorry I am not up on the buttplugging lingo

5 hours ago, PhillyB said:

end thread

I wonder how Alice is doing these days? Probably deep in quarantine, given his already-lacking social life and his various comorbidities. Wish he'd return to SC with his spare time – guy was must-see TV. 

On 5/10/2020 at 5:20 PM, Ja Rhule said:

I always thought Peppers rolled both ways.

Did anyone ever really find out? I mean, he has one of the few hot NFL wives*, but goddamn, I've been hearing those rumors since, like, the turn of the millennium. Yeah, yeah, it doesn't matter, but this is a sh*tbird gossip thread.

* This could be a sign, actually. If he had the true heterosexual taste of an NFL player, he'd probably have married someone like Carson Wentz's wife or Lamar Jackson's girlfriend. But he married an actual hot girl, which means he might be just guessing at what a straight man would like.

2 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

Did anyone ever really find out? I mean, he has one of the few hot NFL wives*, but goddamn, I've been hearing those rumors since, like, the turn of the millennium. Yeah, yeah, it doesn't matter, but this is a sh*tbird gossip thread.

* This could be a sign, actually. If he had the true heterosexual taste of an NFL player, he'd probably have married someone like Carson Wentz's wife or Lamar Jackson's girlfriend. But he married an actual hot girl, which means he might be just guessing at what a straight man would like.

Pep might just be an extreme introvert.  I know he used to nail Beyoncé’s sister at one point but his social life has been super quiet.

This probably has absolutely no legs to it but I've been wondering about it lately so hear me out...

It surfaced in the summer of 2018 that Cam and Antonio Brown had been working out together that off-season in Miami. Fast forward to Sept. 2019 when the rape lawsuit was filed against Antonio Brown. The lawsuit named another "known football player" being there with them the night. To my knowledge, that known football players name was never released, but I have always wondered if it was Cam since they had been working out together during that time.

It seemed after that story broke, the Panthers really started trying to distance themselves from Cam until he was released. Now no team in the NFL wants to touch him. It just makes me wonder if there were other motives that aren't known as to why the Panthers decided to move on from Cam basically overnight.

Makes a fella wonder is all...

36 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

This probably has absolutely no legs to it but I've been wondering about it lately so hear me out...

It surfaced in the summer of 2018 that Cam and Antonio Brown had been working out together that off-season in Miami. Fast forward to Sept. 2019 when the rape lawsuit was filed against Antonio Brown. The lawsuit named another "known football player" being there with them the night. To my knowledge, that known football players name was never released, but I have always wondered if it was Cam since they had been working out together during that time.

It seemed after that story broke, the Panthers really started trying to distance themselves from Cam until he was released. Now no team in the NFL wants to touch him. It just makes me wonder if there were other motives that aren't known as to why the Panthers decided to move on from Cam basically overnight.

I thought that it came out that it was Marquise "Hollywood" Brown

3 hours ago, NYPantherFan said:

That is a juicy one....does make you wonder...

Archived