• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith's Top 5 Teammates

It isn't that surprising.

Pep is a first ballot HOF like he is, and probably the defensive counterpart Panthers GOAT.

Moose/Proehl were his positional biggest/best supporting cast/mentors in his career here.

Suggs got the Baltimore nod that he knew he'd have to throw in there.

Olsen was vocal and fiery when people didn't get their stuff together/know what was going on on the field, just like Smitty.

Gross was his teammate at Utah and they go way way back.

Hard to pick 5 for anyone.

He didn't pick Cam the same way he didn't pick Jake. I ain't mad at him for it.

When a legend (GOAT WR IN NFL HISTORY) talks, you listen and appreciate it.

18 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Would have liked to have seen Jake, but did it to probably not stir up poo with Cam. Surprised to see 

Surprised to Olsen and Suggs so high as he only played with them for what 2 or 3 years each?

Note that the question asked him to list the best players he played alongside. Being a great “teammate” in the locker room/leadership sense is only one aspect albeit one Smith would have a unique perspective on. Love Jake, but I think it’s fair to say he wasn’t of the same caliber of talent as the rest of the list. 

nothing surprising about that list.

keep in mind, these are his top 5. i'm sure his top 10-15 would include some other names that people think should be there.

...and I seriously doubt newton would make his list at all. two different personalities from two different worlds. i just can't see the two of them being anything other than cordial to each other.

5 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

nothing surprising about that list.

keep in mind, these are his top 5. i'm sure his top 10-15 would include some other names that people think should be there.

...and I seriously doubt newton would make his list at all. two different personalities from two different worlds. i just can't see the two of them being anything other than cordial to each other.

exactly, and on top of that he was only with cam for what 3 seasons? he'd probably put jake in over cam since he played with jake longer.

Archived