• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My understanding is PSLs have been really hard to sell

Hotsauce

I was one of the guys who got booted from the endzone. I got two club seats for the same price as my four endzone seats. The resale value was about $0 to begin with. I plan on enjoying them with my son or a buddy until I get tired of going or we build a new stadium. I don't ever expect to get money back.

2 hours ago, dave-o said:

I have a feeling the NFL is going to be so WOKE many people have lost interest and you know its going to be over the top this year..

The year the NFL ratings went down, so did college football ratings. It had nothing to do with social justice despite what right wingers screamed.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

They are basically dookie flavored lollipops at this point. They exist but it's really hard to get rid of them. I wonder if you could even sell them at almost free prices at this point. Bad team, an owner publicly campaigning for a new stadium and Rona fugging up everything is a kiss of death for any value from PSLs. The last window for a possible sale probably came from the seat taking earlier this offseason. 

That's when mine finally sold but those seats are right next to that end zone, lower bowl, which helped. Got half the Panthers' advertised price. Had an email from the buyer that they wanted to enjoy Panthers football with their family so my guess is that they had 4 seats in the end zone, Panthers gave them the 2 seats next to mine (which belonged to the Panthers) and helped them buy mine so they had 4 seats together again.  However, they were posted for sale for over a year. Right time, right place. And every day I thank the Lord I no longer own PSL's. It's going to be years before PSL owners get any decent money when selling if anything at all.

16 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

That's when mine finally sold but those seats are right next to that end zone, lower bowl, which helped. Got half the Panthers' advertised price. Had an email from the buyer that they wanted to enjoy Panthers football with their family so my guess is that they had 4 seats in the end zone, Panthers gave them the 2 seats next to mine (which belonged to the Panthers) and helped them buy mine so they had 4 seats together again.  However, they were posted for sale for over a year. Right time, right place. And every day I thank the Lord I no longer own PSL's. It's going to be years before PSL owners get any decent money when selling if anything at all.

We were thinking about it this year but wanted to wait until atleadt after this season...now we have to consider just walking away after next year (not going this year and will roll over to 2021).

That really is right place and right time. Congratulations! I'm fine with it at this point but it would have been nice to recoup a little something.

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

That’s why I’ve never bought season tickets. I’ve never had the availability to attend enough games to justify the cost, but moreover, I’d rather pay a premium and just ball out at a few every year. 

I should say too that in his situation those were all very expensive tickets like club seats, etc. meant to impress clients essentially. I think it’s different for cheaper tickets and people who want to expend the time and energy trying to sell games they don’t go to and game the market are able to do that and even make some money on it—at least when the teams are good.

Have known some other people here in Boston who’ve done that successfully with Celtics and Bruins tickets (cheaper balcony seats) and essentially gotten to go to 5-10 games for free and selling all the rest. I look at it and say that’s stupid because the amount of time they spent dealing with all that sh*t was enough that if it was just spent working would make them enough money to go to many more games or the same and make money. This was well over a decade ago though, I’m not sure it’d still work now. These guys were out there scalping, trading, knowing people and making connections to sell their tickets, etc. before stubhub and the like dominated the “official resale marketplace” and had their huge fees. I guess they just enjoyed doing that stuff, a lot of effort for just a couple of free games pretty much.

3 hours ago, dave-o said:

I have a feeling the NFL is going to be so WOKE many people have lost interest and you know its going to be over the top this year..

Football is dying.......between this existential covid 19 issue impacting everything...........add to that the CTE issues that aren't going away nor being addressed other than some window dressing PR ads............. and the NFL focusing on social causes rather than entertainment......... the game is has no future so find something else to do with your spare time as this sport won't be around in 5 to 10 years due in combination to what I just outlined above.........

Point of case.........where does the NFL get its players?...........................and where do the colleges get their players?

High schools................big problem.

10 years ago there were 15 insurance companies providing insurance for HS game................today now there are only 2............yup two insurance companies and the insurance rates for playing HS games is sky rocketing..........parents are not keen on having their children's brains scatter from playing it........and many younger people have no interest in playing it today.......so add that to the fact that many high schools are dropping their football programs because they can't afford in the insurance anymore.....

....that will be the death of football in the US...... the insurance premiums for high schools to play football can no longer be justified from the community/state tax base.

The insurance companies will drop out or be so pricey in premiums the high school teams will dry up...........then the colleges and the NFL will be left holding their dicks..........

The NFL and college knows its coming and they frankly are in a loss for words.........

Even flag football rules won't save linemen from the dangers of CTE and the insurance companies worries of that.

Enjoy what's left of it..................and say goodbye.......

29 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Football is dying.......between this existential covid 19 issue impacting everything...........add to that the CTE issues that aren't going away nor being addressed other than some window dressing PR ads............. and the NFL focusing on social causes rather than entertainment......... the game is has no future so find something else to do with your spare time as this sport won't be around in 5 to 10 years due in combination to what I just outlined above.........

Point of case.........where does the NFL get its players?...........................and where do the colleges get their players?

High schools................big problem.

10 years ago there were 15 insurance companies providing insurance for HS game................today now there are only 2............yup two insurance companies and the insurance rates for playing HS games is sky rocketing..........parents are not keen on having their children's brains scatter from playing it........and many younger people have no interest in playing it today.......so add that to the fact that many high schools are dropping their football programs because they can't afford in the insurance anymore.....

....that will be the death of football in the US...... the insurance premiums for high schools to play football can no longer be justified from the community/state tax base.

The insurance companies will drop out or be so pricey in premiums the high school teams will dry up...........then the colleges and the NFL will be left holding their dicks..........

The NFL and college knows its coming and they frankly are in a loss for words.........

Even flag football rules won't save linemen from the dangers of CTE and the insurance companies worries of that.

Enjoy what's left of it..................and say goodbye.......

what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Archived