• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My understanding is PSLs have been really hard to sell

Hotsauce

1 hour ago, PghPanther said:

Football is dying.......between this existential covid 19 issue impacting everything...........add to that the CTE issues that aren't going away nor being addressed other than some window dressing PR ads............. and the NFL focusing on social causes rather than entertainment......... the game is has no future so find something else to do with your spare time as this sport won't be around in 5 to 10 years due in combination to what I just outlined above.........

Point of case.........where does the NFL get its players?...........................and where do the colleges get their players?

High schools................big problem.

10 years ago there were 15 insurance companies providing insurance for HS game................today now there are only 2............yup two insurance companies and the insurance rates for playing HS games is sky rocketing..........parents are not keen on having their children's brains scatter from playing it........and many younger people have no interest in playing it today.......so add that to the fact that many high schools are dropping their football programs because they can't afford in the insurance anymore.....

....that will be the death of football in the US...... the insurance premiums for high schools to play football can no longer be justified from the community/state tax base.

The insurance companies will drop out or be so pricey in premiums the high school teams will dry up...........then the colleges and the NFL will be left holding their dicks..........

The NFL and college knows its coming and they frankly are in a loss for words.........

Even flag football rules won't save linemen from the dangers of CTE and the insurance companies worries of that.

Enjoy what's left of it..................and say goodbye.......

Sir I'm going to have to ask you to hand over the period key

48 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dam, that is harsh.  True but harsh.  lol

34 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Who doesn't realize this?

People who mention the price they originally paid for things when trying to resell them, as if it offer some sort of relevance. So like 75% of people? I take it you don’t buy second hand stuff often.

Buy low, sell high.  If you were really interested in PSLs, this might be the best possible time to buy them.  Chances are you won't even have to put up much money this year on tickets if games get cancelled/limited attendance.  In a couple years, Panthers should be competing for the division crown after Brees/Brady retire.

7 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

The year the NFL ratings went down, so did college football ratings. It had nothing to do with social justice despite what right wingers screamed.

The bulk of the people upset about the "damn kneelers" were not NFL fans to begin with. I believe 538 did an article about that. 

5 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

billy madison idiot GIF

12 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

I was one of the guys who got booted from the endzone. I got two club seats for the same price as my four endzone seats. The resale value was about $0 to begin with. I plan on enjoying them with my son or a buddy until I get tired of going or we build a new stadium. I don't ever expect to get money back.

I was booted as well. Took the cash. Feel like it was a gift. 

Archived