• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgewater didn’t play bad

Mister

12 hours ago, lightsout said:

First pick was bad. Second pick seemed like a miscommunication. Say what you want about Teddy, he isn't routinely, quarter to quarter throwing behind receivers. I think he thought DJ would squat that route where he was because he was soft rounding it and honestly, had he done that, it's a completion or a good pass breakup by the DB. Instead, he continues inside and the ball is gone. It's a chemistry thing that needs working out, and the same thing happened on a route last week with DJ.

Not even faulting Teddy on the fumble, as bad as the OL was it's amazing he didn't lose the ball more.

Defense HAS to play better. OL HAS to play better. Get EITHER of those things this game, we win. Simple as that.

Actually, I'd say this is the damned good take!

11 hours ago, hepcat said:

Bridgewater’s bad game was the primary reason the team lost today. Take away his 3 turnovers and the Panthers probably win today.

Make the O-line even average today, and we probably win the game. Get at least minimal pressure on TB12 and we probably win the game! If Moore even sells the route to the outside even a little bit, and maybe we win the game! 

Teddy had a bad game and contributed in a big way to the loss yesterday.  Teddy's biggest upside is ball protection, he didn't get that done yesterday.  Yeah, if the Oline and Dline played better, we probably win.  The difference is the Oline and Dline played as expected, Teddy didn't.

6 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

When you turn the ball over multiple times you played bad.

Teddy did have multiple turnovers that would make most likely swing him into the bad game column, but there was some "bad" factors that led to two of those turnovers. Even normal considerations like a lack of chemistry, experience, and simply knocking off rust tend to rear their ugly heads at inopportune times. But I think things will get better, at least on Teddy's front. 

If we spend the entire season going back and forth on TB it's going to be maddening. We've seen TB at this best with a great team last season, and we've seen him at his worst with a mediocre team this season. We've also seen TB with a defensive heavy team like the Vikings and how that panned out. We already know what TB can and cannot do on the football field. The jury is already in. We have a verdict.

In order to do well with TB he needs a powerhouse team around him on both sides of the ball. It takes a long time to build a great team, and it's almost impossible to keep that team together for long with free agency, and playing at that high level with the injury bug striking. What's more is that even a great overall team led by TB could get bumped off in the playoffs by a good team with a great QB, and all that mulit-season building is out the window. Lost. Teams with great QBs can light it up in the 4th quarter and send your great team home in a heartbeat. So you have this small window when everything comes together for that magical season, and then Mahomes drops bombs all over your well laid plans and you come away with nothing.

The window for teams with great QBs like the Saints and KC is wide open so long as the QBs are not injured, and the teams are at least decent. They start each season expecting to win the SB or come close. With TB we will start each season having no idea what in the hell will happen, and that's even if we spend 3-5 years building a great team around him.

The answer is to draft a QB who you think has the potential to be a great NFL QB. Not a game manager. We already have a game manager in TB, and he goes as far as the team takes him. We need to draft a potentially elite QB. Period. The benefits far outweigh the risks of missing on a pick.

The book is already written on TB. I thought he would have a good game against LV because they're bad, and so it came down to the wire. I thought he would look worse against TB because that's a better team, so picking TB in the weekly pick em was an easy choice, and Vegas knew as well.

I want a SB win. Asap. I don't want some good teams here and there. I want to start each season thinking we have a shot at the Lombardi. I want more. It all starts with the draft. Find him, or whiff on the pick. Either way start the search.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Teddy had a bad game and contributed in a big way to the loss yesterday.  Teddy's biggest upside is ball protection, he didn't get that done yesterday.  Yeah, if the Oline and Dline played better, we probably win.  The difference is the Oline and Dline played as expected, Teddy didn't.

Probably the truest thing you've stated on here. Well said. 

Interceptions are about the biggest mistake a qb can make.  Throw enough of them and you negate any good that you might do.  Throw 8 perfect passes on a drive, and then on the ninth throw an interception, and that is all you remember.  And for us, they are even more critical because our defense isn't good enough to overcome offensive mistakes.  TB did not play well yesterday.  

This team is still learning each other they are not on the same page as other teams that had chemistry with each other they are still getting use to being on the same page as one another . If we had a preseason we would be 2.0 . We didn’t play bad at all on offense . This team should peak by week 4 then we’ll be one of the most dangerous teams

Archived