• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a QB right now, can we stop acting like he doesn't exist?

Carolina Cajun

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone advocating for Teddy to be our long-term QB is okay with being "just fine" and has no ambitions of competing for a Super Bowl.

Teddy is "just fine" if your goal is maybe going 9-7 and catching some breaks to get a wildcard spot and then getting skull drug in the first round of the playoffs. That's pretty much your ceiling with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Don't be mad. I'm just telling y'all the truth.

Smart people (not our front office) know this.

If you look at team needs, it would look something like this:

• MLB
  • LT
  • C
  • S
  • TE
  • G
  • CB
  • DT
  • QB

However QB is the most important position, and we have an average QB.  I would not dismiss an upgrade, but I do not see us having to have one right now--if we win 5 games this season, how many could we win if we added a stud MLB, LT, CB, and C?  Would that make Bridgewater better?  Of course it would.

Or you can grab a young, unproven QB and hope he can survive without all the pieces in place.  I am not sure what we should do--it is a tough call....

Look, it's a new age for the Panthers. The Age of Tepp. The days of being serviceable and mediocre are over. They're attempting to build a great organization, a consistent team that's competitive every year. Teddy isn't a bad QB, but he's also not going to lead your team to the promise land. That's why so many are adamant about trying to land the coveted franchise QB.

It appears after these first three games that we may finally have a competent coaching staff on this team. They shouldn't squander the opportunity to pair an OC like Brady with a potential franchise QB like Lawrence/Lance/Fields unless they're happy going the Alex Smith route.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone advocating for Teddy to be our long-term QB is okay with being "just fine" and has no ambitions of competing for a Super Bowl.

Teddy is "just fine" if your goal is maybe going 9-7 and catching some breaks to get a wildcard spot and then getting skull drug in the first round of the playoffs. That's pretty much your ceiling with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Don't be mad. I'm just telling y'all the truth.

has even one person advocated for that?   we're nowhere near a qb away so...he's teddy is fine for now

12 minutes ago, raz said:

has even one person advocated for that?   we're nowhere near a qb away so...he's teddy is fine for now

Theoretically, if we choose one of the other positions to draft with a high first round draft pick, then the less likely it is that we would have as good of a chance to get the coveted QB as we do right now. If the person we choose helps the team enough they may have an impact on the number of wins we get next year, thus lowering our position in the draft.

I suspect that we will try and get better at every position including quarterback. Given the contract for Bridgewater,  I doubt we would get rid of Teddy before 2022 when his dead cap goes to 5 million. Keeping him doesn't stop us from drafting a QB as well and using Teddy to mentor him and push him. But for this year and next, Teddy is going to be our guy as least by salary at the QB position  

Archived