• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith admits he was a "Dick" to Cam

JABANOG

2 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I hate when people that don't know how the Panthers roll always bring up the release of Smitty. He legit was a complete ass hole to Cam. Management and Gettlemen wanted Cam to be the leader going forward. Smitty didn't want to wait around for Cam to "get it." Smitty still probably wanted Jake Delhomme to be his QB, if we're honest. 

And now those same people who don’t know anything are doing the same thing over the release of Cam

In a few years I’m sure it’ll be the same thing with CMC

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If Smith was great to Cam, Gettleman would have likely sucked it up and kept him. 

I mean

Gettleman is pretty petty himself.

I can entirely see him cutting Steve if he was an asshole to him.

I'll take a dick HOF receiver over a dick mediocre receiver all day.

Nobody cares about the dick who caught 20-30 passes a season for 3-4 years before washing out of the league. The only reason Smith gets all the notoriety is because he was in the league for a long time and will be in the HOF.

There are a lot more great players in every sport who are/were dicks than we want to accept or believe for some reason. 

12 minutes ago, Panthers will Rhule said:

I love to pay you whatever you want to say that to Steve in person 

he never won a fight. he sucker punched 2 people. you know who does that - people that can't fight. you know who walks around acting like he does?  people that can't fight and don't want to.  i mean if i were angie or his kids i'd be scared of him.  besides that he's just a little dude

I'm gonna get poo'd for this, but the best receiver to put in a Panthers uniform in my mind is in my profile pic. Steve's best years came with Moose drawing quite a bit of attention. Not trying to downplay Smitty, but for me (again completely a personal opinion) Moose will be my all time favorite WR. Like Pep when he left he was dead to me, and when he returned I embraced him with open arms. The Anderson/Moore duo have the potential to be even better than the Smitty/Moose duo was and that paired with CMC is more enticing than the anything we have had in a long time. 

Archived