• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Teddy will never be good enough" crowd

Jeremy Igo

You're right, he is no Cam Newton. He is more accurate than Cam was for us in several years. I love Cam, but give me a break. Teddy played great today and you morons think you still need to mention Cam every time Teddy does anything good or bad. 

Just now, Wolfcop said:

You're right, he is no Cam Newton. He is more accurate than Cam was for us in several years. I love Cam, but give me a break. Teddy played great today and you morons think you still need to mention Cam every time Teddy does anything good or bad. 

Remove Teddy and insert Kyle Allen. 

15 minutes ago, KSpan said:

And odds are that the offense will continue to gel and improve overall as well. Question then becomes does 24 or so TDs, which is already nearly double his best year so far, get it done if there isn't a defense to keep pace?

This is a multi-year assessment. One year is an indicator and one game means little.

24 tds put him right at Cam Newton's best seasons here outside the outlier Super Bowl year. So what's wrong with those totals?

9 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

is anyone saying he didn't have a good game? i was impressed and think it's a good sign moving forward 

It’s everyone who continues to claim Teddy is who he is. Teddy engineered some very impressive drives today, even when backed up. People wanted to see our red zone production improve from last week, they did that today. 

Teddy is essentially a 3rd year QB who played in a very heavy run orientated offense his first two years. To label him is so premature. He’s continuing to make progress as a QB and as he builds chemistry with these new guys, he’s only going to get better. 

Just now, Pantherxtreme said:

24 tds put him right at Can Newton's best seasons here outside the outlier Super Bowl year. So what's wrong with those totals?

a few differences: he’s playing within an extremely qb friendly offense, surrounded by weapons, he’s not expected to also be the greatest short yardage back of all time, and his coach isn’t a brain damaged moron

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Remove Teddy and insert Kyle Allen. 

Kyle Allen got exposed once defenses had tape and anticipated his tendencies, on top of limited talent in the first place. It’s fine if you think teddy is limited but he is making decisions that win games within the Offense Brady has crafted. They are not equivalent by any metric other than the arm chair take that “he’ll never be a franchise qb”

Archived