• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg little and offensive line?

rmoneyg35

I watched Little on a bunch of plays specifically yesterday.  I thought he was better than what I was anticipating.  But that bar was pretty low.  

hopefully he continues to progress.

He still lunges too much and has his pads to far over his knees.  That’s an issue if he can’t fix that.  

Quickly went back and focused on his play:

In the first half he was definitely a liability in pass protection. Granted he was singled up against Chandler Jones (50 sacks in last 3 seasons). He was stellar in the run game moving men down field, including Jones, plus the nice open field block on the screen pass.

As verge mentioned they seemed to do a good job scheming around it.

In the 4th quarter he looked much better in pass protection. The first play in the 4th he kept Bridgewater clean and we converted on a 3rd and 12 to Samuel. 

Shortly after he looked much better again on a 2nd and 7 play that went to Davis for a first, after Bridgewater scanned the field before taking the check down. 

Ran out of time so not sure if he finished off the 4th Q as good as he started, but there was certainly noticeable improvement from earlier.

18 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Quickly went back and focused on his play:

In the first half he was definitely a liability in pass protection. Granted he was singled up against Chandler Jones (50 sacks in last 3 seasons). He was stellar in the run game moving men down field, including Jones, plus the nice open field block on the screen pass.

As verge mentioned they seemed to do a good job scheming around it.

In the 4th quarter he looked much better in pass protection. The first play in the 4th he kept Bridgewater clean and we converted on a 3rd and 12 to Samuel. 

Shortly after he looked much better again on a 2nd and 7 play that went to Davis for a first, after Bridgewater scanned the field before taking the check down. 

Ran out of time so not sure if he finished off the 4th Q as good as he started, but there was certainly noticeable improvement from earlier.

Scott the majority of the 4th quarter. They roughly rotated by quarter.

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Verge I'm generally inclined to defer to your expertise but yesterday I didn't really notice Little much all game, and that alone has to be an upgrade from the abyss of awful he's been so far.

I did.

I watched the left tackle on pretty much every play, rewound it if I needed to.

Verge is correct.

Bridgewater's quick release saved him from getting planted on several occasions.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Well Moton is on the right and he is playing great. Even if Little was playing decent, I would roll out behind Moton and Miller...

on a play action rollout your right tackle and right guard's job is to sell the run... you want the end to push down.... So the QB isnt rolling out behind anyone, they are rolling out away from their line. 

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Actually, I only see three on their depth chart. 2 are starters.

778BF0D1-45B7-4A4A-BAC6-D43B0743A08E.png

Josh Norman started last game at corner for them too, not sure why he's not on that depth chart. Had a nice peanut punch and fumble recovery too.

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Well Moton is on the right and he is playing great. Even if Little was playing decent, I would roll out behind Moton and Miller...

Moton is playing out of his mind.  At least yesterday he did but my initial thoughts on Little was yeah he isnt the answer.  I will watch the game again tonight and focus on him but from the first viewing he wasnt good

People forget that scheming is important. You think every team has 5 good starting offensive linemen healthy all season? No, they make game plans to cover up their weaknesses. They scheme to their best abilities. At the end of the day I consider us not giving up any sacks, 150 yards rushing and about 300 passing yards a major win.

49 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

People forget that scheming is important. You think every team has 5 good starting offensive linemen healthy all season? No, they make game plans to cover up their weaknesses. They scheme to their best abilities. At the end of the day I consider us not giving up any sacks, 150 yards rushing and about 300 passing yards a major win.

Being smart enough to scheme around your weak left tackle is good.

Not having the need to scheme around a weak left tackle is infinitely better.

21 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He didnt play great.  Not at all.  He gave up pressures and a qb hit

The week before he didnt look like belonged on the field. This week was a great improvement and it was mainly against Chandler Jones....All things consider Little played great. btw last week was against Joey Bosa.  

Archived