• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Joe Brady's progression

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, hepcat said:

Nah I bet we have him for at least 2 maybe even 3 seasons. He’s so young and this is only his 2nd season coaching in the NFL. McDermott took awhile to get his first head coaching gig and we all knew he was talented. 

Agreed.

I mean where's he going to go...the Jets?

Talk about a career killing move. 

Brady will make more money than any Off Coord has ever made and will hang around to building and be part of something that has the chance to be very special.

The Jets will always be there as an option later...

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Brady is an offensive wiz but very new to being a coach. It takes so much more to being a successful head coach than just calling good plays. He is no where near ready to be a head coach. 

You’re right, but all it takes is one team to make the offer and he’s gone.  I love what Brady’s done so far but I’d be surprised if he lasts after next year.  Plenty of desperate teams ready to take a chance on someone.  

8 hours ago, PandaMan said:

You’re right, but all it takes is one team to make the offer and he’s gone.  I love what Brady’s done so far but I’d be surprised if he lasts after next year.  Plenty of desperate teams ready to take a chance on someone.  

Brady is under contract, he's not free to do as he pleases. 

Tepper is a shrewd negotiator.  Like he did with Rhule, I suspect Tepper paid the very top-end of the range for Brady and in return secured an extended time commitment.

I put the over/under at 3-years and I'm taking the over. 

Brady wants to be part of a Super Bowl Champion and his best opportunity for doing so is right here.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Brady is an offensive wiz but very new to being a coach. It takes so much more to being a successful head coach than just calling good plays. He is no where near ready to be a head coach. 

It only takes 1 of 32 teams to make that decision. Never say never.....

32 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Brady is under contract, he's not free to do as he pleases. 

Tepper is a shrewd negotiator.  Like he did with Rhule, I suspect Tepper paid the very top-end of the range for Brady and in return secured an extended time commitment.

I put the over/under at 3-years and I'm taking the over. 

Brady wants to be part of a Super Bowl Champion and his best opportunity for doing so is right here.

Teams can't block an assistant from interviewing for a promotion. Not that I think teams will interview Joe Brady for at least a couple years since he's so green.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Teams can't block an assistant from interviewing for a promotion. Not that I think teams will interview Joe Brady for at least a couple years since he's so green.

Brady is a Coordinator.

I could be wrong but I suspect Coordinators can be held to the terms of their contract. 

4 hours ago, Bartin said:

They can’t if they are offered a head coaching job.

Do we know this for a fact?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I tried to research and find some rules surrounding it and was unable to do so.  If your aware of where the rules can be referenced would appreciate being pointed in the proper direction.

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Do we know this for a fact?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I tried to research and find some rules surrounding it and was unable to do so.  If your aware of where the rules can be referenced would appreciate being pointed in the proper direction.

This tweet is about them updating the rules for assistants being interviewed for coordinator jobs, but the same contract restrictions exist for coordinators as prospective head coaches. Teams aren’t even allowed to put language in contracts that would prevent someone from taking a HC job.

The exact rule is likely somewhere in the owners agreement which you can find by googling, but I’m not going through that thing to find it since it is a few hundred pages long.

It is realistically possible that if he coaches wrong for the remainder of the season, some team could offer Brady a head coaching position.

It'll be dumb, but Lord knows there's no shortage of teams that do dumb things.

With that said, he's only four games into his coordinating career and we haven't faced our best opponents yet, so let's pump the brakes on anointing him king.

He's good so far. Let's hope that continues.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:11 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

don't be coming into this thread with logical thinking and making sense.  we dont do that here.  :)

Archived