• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers O-line leads league in QB pressure rating this week

rmoneyg35

3 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Panthers led the league this week in QB pressure Rating this week with 13.5%

5th overall for the season.

not bad. 

also of note our pass defense is 7th overall which is amazing considering the talent or lack thereof we have.

Very impressive. Credit has to go to Bridgewater too. He's making smart decisions, and getting the ball out quickly before he even gets pressured. The line, particularly given the injuries, is definitely outperforming expectations too.

The pass defense stat is arguably even more impressive. We replaced Bradberry with another team's castoff. Eli Apple has played like 2 snaps. And we've played an above average slate of passing offenses. Herbert is slinging 300 yards plus weekly, Brady is playing like he's 30, and we turned Murray into a dink and dunker with 4 yards per attempt. Hell, Carr is probably the worst name on that list and he's on pace for 4400 yards this year. Plus we have the worst coverage linebacker in the league in Whitehead. How that adds up to 5th ranked pass defense is mind-boggling. 

I always said that the New Orleans offensive line got good ratings because Brees moved well in the pocket and got the ball out quickly. With a similar system we are seeing the same thing. The more I watch the offense the more you can see the nuances and subtle things Bridgewater does to avoid pressure and quickly find the open guy.

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I always said that the New Orleans offensive line got good ratings because Brees moved well in the pocket and got the ball out quickly. With a similar system we are seeing the same thing. The more I watch the offense the more you can see the nuances and subtle things Bridgewater does to avoid pressure and quickly find the open guy.

Yea I have to wonder how much of these stats are due to scheme and the style of qb Teddy is vs actual talent and skill.

its no secret Cam would hold the ball a lot and would also look to run where as teddy will throw a lot of short quick passes.

Archived