• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston/Whitehead

Aside from being averse to contact, Boston takes HORRENDOUS tackling angles on running plays. Not sure if it’s intentional but he’s a huge liability in rush coverage. He’s decent in passing coverage and that’s the only reason he’s still on the field. 

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I don't believe Boston is good enough playing deep to warrant that discrepancy.. It's also not difficult to to see when your tacking is this bad you won't see as many passing attempts.

That's not happening. Panthers opponents have attempted 145 passes and only 99 runs. Tenth fewest rushes against in the league. 

3 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

That's not happening. Panthers opponents have attempted 145 passes and only 99 runs. Tenth fewest rushes against in the league. 

We play a very very soft coverage....I will admit shock to that because I didn't look it up, as bad as we are agaisnt the run I'd expect those numbers to change, especially since we use a ball control passing game ourselves.

Two spots on our D that I expect us to address sooner than later. I still don't know why we gave a multi year deal to Boston. Whitehead is the worst player on D. I'm glad the new coaches are getting to see why neither of these guys should be in thr long term plans.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know it has to be tough to follow Luke Kuechly, but even without comparing him to Luke, Whitehead is just bad.

I don’t compare him to Luke.

I naturally try to compare him to Beason since they both are #52, and that isn’t even close.

In a long line of great Panthers MLB, he is so firmly at the bottom of the list. Even under the likes of replacements like Vinny Circiui and Dan Connor.

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

I would take Dan Connor right now in a heartbeat

Same.  Dan Connor was a JAG . . . and we could use some of that right now at MLB.  Losing AJ Klein is a problem now, four years on, given Luke's retirement.  If Klein was still here we'd be a lot better off.

I don’t mind Boston playing at FS. He does whiff on tackles with bad angles but is good in coverage. Whitehead is absolutely pitiful at MLB.  He is never on a play & complete trash in coverage. He honestly looks lost on every play. As MLB he should be tops in tackles. He never makes solo tackles, only around for assists.  

Archived