• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't agree Cam played well.  Was he as bad as some posters here indicate? No.  Not even close. But I did watch enough of his play to say that "played well" is an overstatement, and that if you didn't see one errant throw, you either watched even less of the game than I did or have really rose-colored glasses on. 

Cam definitely improved as the game went on, though he never seemed like a threat deep at all in this game or... really, since Seattle (and last week he had plenty of receivers open deep... but I'm willing to excuse that the previous 2 weeks were still related to getting over an illness and being away from the team).  Cam was not bad, though, and with a bit more help I think he has the Patriots on top of that division all the same.

Show me that errand throws. Most of his incompletions were thrown in tight coverage, throwing the ball away or pressured throws. Show me the throw where he’s in a clean pocket competing under or over throwing a wide open receiver like last week.

It hard to throw deep with that wind. Allen is among the league leaders in deep passes he didn’t complete one pass over 15 yards and that’s with Diggs and Brown.  Outside that fumble Cam didn’t have any drive ending plays

I think what's clear is there are 3 groups of people on the Huddle:

1) Those who blame Cam for his faults and hate him but make excuses for Teddy and love him.

2) Those who blame Teddy for his faults and hate him but make excuses for Cam and love him.

3) Those who think neither Cam or Teddy are franchise QBs at this point. 

And those in group 3, like me, are right. /thread

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I think what's clear is there are 3 groups of people on the Huddle:

1) Those who blame Cam for his faults and hate him but make excuses for Teddy and love him.

2) Those who blame Teddy for his faults and hate him but make excuses for Cam and love him.

3) Those who think neither Cam or Teddy are franchise QBs at this point. 

And those in group 3, like me, are right. /thread

Literally our political system, but no one gives a poo about group three

I think he may have done himself in by signing with the Patriots. I know he wanted to play but my goodness the deck was stacked against him. Worst receiving group in the league, very hard schedule, and following the GoaT. He should have sat out the year and waited. I bet Dallas would have signed him given the injuries. Granted that’s hindsight.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Cam is fine to about 15 yards.  Nice zip and can fit the ball in tight windows it seems.  Against Seattle he had 4 completions >20 yards.  Against all other opponents, he only has 3 total.  Seattle has a terrible pass defense, and Buffalo does not, but that is uncharacteristic for Cam all the same.  He doesn't look like himself.  And this isn't a short passing offense he's in either. 

I dunno, I don't know if there is something wrong with his shoulder or what, but he was missing open receivers last week and against Denver.  This week though, Buffalo just took his shitty receivers out of the game entirely and dared him to beat them with his legs or short throws.

He’s looked fine to me besides the Broncos and 49ers game. But those games looked like mental errors did him in moreso than his shoulder.

he isn’t attempting passes that deep because of the wr core. Even when he threw deep last week the wr tripped before he could even get to the ball, they just don’t have the talent. 

NE was going to be bad regardless of who starts because there wr core is trash and the amount of opt outs. Even when hoyer and stid step in they looked just as helpless as cam. I think the problems posters are saying cam have are overblown, the pats as a team are very talent deprived 

2 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

He’s looked fine to me besides the Broncos and 49ers game. But those games looked like mental errors did him in moreso than his shoulder.

he isn’t attempting passes that deep because of the wr core. Even when he threw deep last week the wr tripped before he could even get to the ball, they just don’t have the talent. 

NE was going to be bad regardless of who starts because there wr core is trash and the amount of opt outs. Even when hoyer and stid step in they looked just as helpless as cam. I think the problems posters are saying cam have are overblown, the pats as a team are very talent deprived 

i watched last weeks game.  it was awful.  cam was terrible.   i only saw in depth highlights this week so i can't really comment, but last week he sucked.  and from former players he's been parroting what he's being told.  produce or else.  improve or else...

2 hours ago, Wanderlai said:

I think he may have done himself in by signing with the Patriots. I know he wanted to play but my goodness the deck was stacked against him. Worst receiving group in the league, very hard schedule, and following the GoaT. He should have sat out the year and waited. I bet Dallas would have signed him given the injuries. Granted that’s hindsight.

With ease He could be traded. If Jerry offers Bill a 4th/5th, why would he say no? I said once Cam was cut, Id pull the Dak tag and sign Cam. 

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Cam could go 0/30 for 0 yds, throw 2 INTs, fumble twice, rush for 50 with a TD in a loss and a bunch of folks will still blame the wind (omg lol), lack of elite HOF WRs, yellow hankies, and coaching. Meanwhile TB has a piss poor O-Line, rookie coach, and a D that can't stop a fly with a machine gun but those same folk blame it all on Ted.

If you're gonna tell dippy doo doo Kyle Allen to hold on to the damn ball you gotta tell Cam the same thing. Cam lost the game. Period. He should BALL OUT against the Jets and a whole new thread of bickering will commence. Fun times.

And Cam could throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs and there would be some osters here who would say he sucks and it's all due to Belichick.

The thing both these groups have in common is utter blindness to their extreme bias.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And Cam could throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs and there would be some osters here who would say he sucks and it's all due to Belichick.

The thing both these groups have in common is utter blindness to their extreme bias.

Those two groups are very loud and proud of their opinion. I do see some a few takes that take it as it is without the insane agendas. t96, Zod, Ace, Kung, Jon add to that each time they post.   

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where it gets silly is when people start to think it affects reality.

When the story was that Newton was likely going to be let go, people came up with the best arguments they could why there was no way it was going to happen. Even when all the signs were pointing in that direction, some absolutely refuse to see it. I don't know, I guess being able to make those arguments made those folks feel better.

But it happened anyway.

And frankly, it's the same now. It doesn't matter what you think you see or how good an argument you can come up with. There's going to come a point where Newton can't do it anymore. Signs point to that coming sooner rather than later, and no denial or spin or whatever can put it off for so much as a millisecond.

It's the NFL. You've only got so long, and no matter how great an athlete you are (or were) Father Time is still undefeated.

Not sure why anyone needs to bash Delhomme. Delhomme was a damn good QB before his arm went south due to injury. Cam was a GREAT QB before his arm went south due to injury. Maybe one of these days this organization will consider putting an OL in front of a QB. Everyone the Panthers field at QB inevitably gets the hell beat out of them. Teddy is the current pinata.

1 hour ago, raz said:

i watched last weeks game.  it was awful.  cam was terrible.   i only saw in depth highlights this week so i can't really comment, but last week he sucked.  and from former players he's been parroting what he's being told.  produce or else.  improve or else...

That’s facts, he was garbage last week and it wasn’t all on the wr core. He made bad throws and bad decisions last week 

Archived