• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Wayyyyy Too Early Draft Projection

Admiral Ackbar

So that Panthers are currently sitting with the 11th overall draft pick, but I feel they will likely have the 15th overall pick. With us being over halfway into the season, what do you all think we should target positionally? Defensive line, O-line, CB, Safety? Maybe QB?? 

I know this doesn't help our team any but I would like us to take Kyle Pitts (TE) out of Florida, seems like he could fall to us and he is a STUD. Trey Lance might be there as well as a few decent Edge Rushers and Joe Horns son, Jaycee Horn who plays CB....

What is your thoughts??

Unfortunately the Panthers are excellent at pointlessly beating bad teams down the stretch with draft position on the line. The Saints also make a point of tanking against us in the last game of the season (it's tradition) to add that extra win to push us so far down the draft that you'd think we had a good season.

We'll probably be drafting so far down that the player we select will be a player unknown to most of the Huddle. We'll beat Minn, Wash, and NO's second string. We're screwed, but we knew this when we brought in Teddy to try and win now.

If you have a chance to get Lance/Wilson or whatever QB we think is worthy, you take them without question.  We HAVE to find our QB before this team can ever be great, so if you have a chance at your guy you have to take it. If we don't like the QBs where we are, BPA plain and simple.  Roster has some talent, sure, but we could still use upgrades literally everywhere with a heavy emphasis on the OL preferably. 

39 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Unfortunately the Panthers are excellent at pointlessly beating bad teams down the stretch with draft position on the line. The Saints also make a point of tanking against us in the last game of the season (it's tradition) to add that extra win to push us so far down the draft that you'd think we had a good season.

We'll probably be drafting so far down that the player we select will be a player unknown to most of the Huddle. We'll beat Minn, Wash, and NO's second string. We're screwed, but we knew this when we brought in Teddy to try and win now.

We are not beating Washington D-Line lmao.

1 hour ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

So that Panthers are currently sitting with the 11th overall draft pick, but I feel they will likely have the 15th overall pick. With us being over halfway into the season, what do you all think we should target positionally? Defensive line, O-line, CB, Safety? Maybe QB?? 

I know this doesn't help our team any but I would like us to take Kyle Pitts (TE) out of Florida, seems like he could fall to us and he is a STUD. Trey Lance might be there as well as a few decent Edge Rushers and Joe Horns son, Jaycee Horn who plays CB....

What is your thoughts??

Would vastly prefer a LT to TE.

Why?  Difficult to find quality ones outside of first round combined with how important they are to winning. Also note the degree to which Brady's offense seems to need a pass catching TE to be effective, as in not very much, vs how much it needs an effective LT to keep it's QB upright, as in desperately.

My school of thought is that in a pass wacky NFL, premium positions that throw the ball, protect the ball thrower, knock the ball thrower down, and to a lesser extent, cover the guy the ball thrower is throwing to, are the ones most likely to merit mid to upper first round picks. WR's and TE's don't really imo because good ones are more abundant than quality at the positions mentioned. Thus I like QB's, OT's DE's and maybe elite CB's in the top half of the first.

I pray this team does not spend it's next first on Micah Parsons, not because I have anything against him, but because he plays the least relevant position on the defense to stopping the pass in a passing league. This team needs an upgrade to Whitehead at MLB, but too many here seem wedded to the notion that can only be done in the first round.

Bollux I say.

Archived