• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ for Pres!

SmittysLawnGuy

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Our defense pitched a shutout and our offense only put up 20 on a bad defense. You can’t honestly think that performance puts him over Teddy... 

He made some bad mistakes but I think for his first start he did quite well.  We have to curb our enthusiasm some because Allen started 5-0 and then team got tape on him and made things more difficult. 

Teddy is a good QB, I won't argue that he manages a game well. That said we have dynamic receivers that are begging to go deep and Teddy can't or won't throw it deep.   If he could utilize that speed we would not get bogged down some much.  Throw it deep Teddy. Until he does that he will never be considered a franchise QB.  

4 hours ago, NAS said:

I now kind of understand why Bills fans stuck with Josh Allen even when he would make horrible decisions. It’s paying dividends now. 

And Josh Allen was a high draft pick.  This was PJs first start.  Given the opportunity I think he would learn from his mistakes.

They said two or three times PJ had the strongest arm on the team and it isn't even close.

Just the threat of the deep ball makes a defense play differently.  

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

He made some bad mistakes but I think for his first start he did quite well.  We have to curb our enthusiasm some because Allen started 5-0 and then team got tape on him and made things more difficult. 

Teddy is a good QB, I won't argue that he manages a game well. That said we have dynamic receivers that are begging to go deep and Teddy can't or won't throw it deep.   If he could utilize that speed we would not get bogged down some much.  Throw it deep Teddy. Until he does that he will never be considered a franchise QB.  

Oh I don’t think he is necessarily our franchise QB. He is just a step up from PJ Walker. If the cards fall right we will probably draft a QB to learn behind Teddy. Walker can throw a better deep ball, but he was also fortunate he played the Lions. 

Lets see what PJ can do when we are close behind in the 4th quarter .   So far Teddy folded because he plays it too safe with checkdowns .

PJ is more like Jake .  No fear and a gun slinger .  Jake had less talent than most QBs but more desire and heart .  That is what I liked about Jake . Its too early to tell about PJ but let him play and see what we have .  Either way we have a good backup QB . Cut Grier and draft a QB next year somewhere in the draft and go early on the O-line .

46 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Teddy is the better QB, but lacks the arm to make the throws you need to make in tight contests.  If PJ had Teddy's decision making ability we'd have a nuclear weapon at QB.

Reps help with decision making.  

Both INTs were on PJ but I don’t think they were that bad in reality. 

INT#1 - horrible playcall l by Brady IMO.  4 WRs jammed in to the left and has the throw going left at the goal line.  That is a tremendous amount of defensive bodies he was asking a first start QB to throw into.  Why? 

INT#2 - Moore knocked off his route. 

Think Brady could of helped PJ more.  Especially on the first INT. 

what did we learn? PJ is a lot better than Will Grier.  We learned why he leaped him on the depth chart.   We know at a minimum we need one new QB next year.  To replace Grier.

Archived