• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little healthy scratch

ncfan

I remember the draft--there were a few LTs that went earlier than projected, and Marty, knowing we HAD to get one in the draft, saw Little as the last "top level" OT--He tried to trade back up into the first round for him---this is getting into the Jeff Otah/Everette Brown school of draft day navigation.

10 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dudes stock plummeted 

He was projected a late 2nd early 3rd grade by most everyone (go back and watch the video reaction of the Buffalo war room when we picked Little the pick ahead of them)

It came out Hurney actually had a 1st rd grade on him.  Wanted to draft him with our 1st pick but Burns fell.  Even after, it came out he was calling around trying to trade Back into the 1st for him.

This is 1000% on the GM

Pretty much. And throw in that just about everything negative we're seeing about him now was well known before the draft.

There are bad Marty picks that you can make an argument for, but this absolutely is not one of them.

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Hurney rd 2 picks since he's been back

Donte Jackson 

Greg Little

Gross Matos

Hurney day two picks by himself with two 2nds and four, yes four, 3rds:

Donte, Gaulden, Little, Grier

That’s a GM who is stellar at talent evaluation.

Marty as card boy with coaches who know the college talent with no extra picks:

YGM, Chinn

We should be thanking Washington, NY, Detroit and Atlanta every day for taking Haskins, Jones, a TE and a guard instead of Burns. It’s bad enough that we wasted pick 47 and 77, but pick 16, ugh. I can’t wait until we have a GM who can compliment the fact that we have coaches who know the current college players. We won’t have that advantage forever.

Why am I getting the feeling that next season our roster is going to be even worse than it is now?   We are going to be losing a ton and the draft can only help so much.

We stand to lose after 2020:

Little

Jackson

Okung

Probably Paradis

Samuel  and/or Moton

KK

Burris?  Cap cut?

All of our oline

Davis

I am sure I am forgetting others

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why am I getting the feeling that next season our roster is going to be even worse than it is now?   We are going to be losing a ton and the draft can only help so much.

Little

Jackson

Okung

Probably Paradis

Samuel  and/or Moton

KK

Burris?  Cap cut?

All of our oline

Davis

I am sure I am forgetting others

Not all of those are "losses" and not all of those are guaranteed to not be here next year. That's a big stretch.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Little

Jackson

Okung

Probably Paradis

KK

All of our oline

Which of these losses is supposed to actually hurt us? :thinking:

You could say a healthy Okung maybe, but this season has taught us that a healthy Okung comes along about as frequently as Halley's Comet.

17 minutes ago, Lemory said:

The fact that Hurney traded up for this guy is fireable. 

No kidding. Lol at all the folks in here trying to act like the new coaching staff didn’t takeover this past draft. YGM and Chinn were values where we took them. You can’t look at what we did in day 2 pre-Rhule in 2018 and 2019 and actually think Marty was the reason we went YGM and Chinn. Heck, Rhule recruited YGM.

I mean look:

Pre Marty 2017 Day 2: Samuel and Moton

Marty Alone with 2 extra 3rds: Donte, Gaulden, Little and Grier

Marty calling in picks for coaches: YGM and Chinn

I mean the reaching of Marty alone is so obvious and he completely hurt the talent level of this team by turning 6 picks on day two into almost nothing.

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Sometimes a bust isn't on the GM. Little got hurt early on and seemed to be, what's the right word, easily pained on the field as he went on. Some guys just aren't tough enough and sometimes all it takes is to get a reputation for being soft and a DE or DT or even a DC will make sure you take some hard hits early on. It's the "make them my bitch" methodology. A guy might not have had that in the college ranks, but here it's not just the best of the best, but guys looking at you as an obstacle between them and a few million bucks. 

He's not the first, he won't be the last in this league.

That’s part of evaluating a player’s mental strength. Injuries happen, players bounce back. Can’t draft soft players. Little didn’t look good even healthy. 

Archived