• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Taylor Moton not likely to return next year, Curtis Samuel might also leave

TheSpecialJuan

The cap will not go down much at all at the end of the day. Thats just a fact. Like people have said above, no team would be able to function properly and there would be a major amount of free agents that would not even play. Hurney is just inept and this is an excuse. NFL is still making plenty of money and TV ratings have gone up in most cases. Look at Thanksgiving, the Cowboys Redskins almost matched last years Super Bowl

2 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Will you people stop losing your minds off pure speculation from Joe Person? I genuinely can't imagine we don't franchise tag Moton at minimum. If there aren't active discussions, it's probably because Moton's agent isn't acting in good faith and refuses to consider any offer less than $20 million per year or something like that. If that's the case and you're Hurney, what do you do? Offer him that? No, you turf it to the offseason and place the franchise tag if they don't budge.

Great post. I really hope you are correct. This gives me some hope and is a very intelligent incite. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

The cap will not go down much at all at the end of the day. Thats just a fact. Like people have said above, no team would be able to function properly and there would be a major amount of free agents that would not even play. Hurney is just inept and this is an excuse.

I don’t care if Hurney is inept, what does that have to do with the Cap? The salary cap will decrease, yes it is speculation that it will be 176M, but if you are a GM, what do you do? You have to wait until those numbers are known before you can offer 15M+ a year contracts. I agree it is time for Hurney to go, but there is an unknown entity controlling some of this. It is not an excuse, every team is facing the same issue.

Here is a great article about it

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-salary-cap-conundrum-three-major-consequences-of-projected-decrease

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I don’t care if Hurney is inept, what does that have to do with the Cap? The salary cap will decrease, yes it is speculation that it will be 176M, but if you are a GM, what do you do? If have to wait until those numbers are known before you can offer 15M+ a year contracts. I agree it is time for Hurney to go, but there is an unknown entity controlling some of this.

No, I agree with you and I hope this is the real reason that there haven't been any talks between the two sides. 

5 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

No, I agree with you and I hope this is the real reason that there haven't been any talks between the two sides. 

It could be. The article I posted above talks about the difficulties clubs will have in franchising players and the dangers veterans face in FA, due to COVID. This will be a challenging offseason. Motion is not the only hole on the oline going into season either. I suspect we will be picking up journeymen to fill in the holes on our OL. That doesn’t not make me feel good either.

1 hour ago, Peon Awesome said:

Will you people stop losing your minds off pure speculation from Joe Person? I genuinely can't imagine we don't franchise tag Moton at minimum. If there aren't active discussions, it's probably because Moton's agent isn't acting in good faith and refuses to consider any offer less than $20 million per year or something like that. If that's the case and you're Hurney, what do you do? Offer him that? No, you turf it to the offseason and place the franchise tag if they don't budge.

Absolutely, this place is becoming unbearable.

Well joe Person did his job. Conjured up an article that led to mass hysteria within fans bases that purely based off speculation. 

to be fair his opinion is something we have all once discussed. Samuel and Moton will be expensive. The question is... are they the pillars of this franchise? RT is always a tough one... bc it’s not the most important role on the offensive line, so do you want to make it the most expensive as a franchise?

Archived