• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking like McCaffrey will play this weekend

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article:

Kinda like when Devin Funchess returned to Detroit and Teddy Bridgewater went back to Minnesota...

Sh-t :eyeroll:

Don't forget Mike Davis' huge "revenge game" against the Bears where he basically lost the game for the Panthers, fumbling for the first time in like 1,000 carries or some ridiculous number.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm fine with bringing him back. If he's healthy, play him. But I think we need to be smart about this. He's missed a lot of time this year and we don't have anything to play for. Bring him back, but limit his touches. Don't try to put him back in a workhorse role. Save that for next year. Honestly, I'd hope to see him on a "pitch count" both in snaps and touches. That would be the smart way to handle this situation IMO.

his first game back from his first injury he touched the ball 28 times.

I honestly don’t understand why cmc hasn’t been used in the a lot more...

I mean I get without any threat in the backfield it may not work as well but is cmc is to play at a high level for a long time I always imagined at some point he’d play the slot

39 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Hurts so good.  

If he does well, we can sign Wentz.  Then we get a top five draft pick without having to tank.  lol

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yeah, but Hurts is relatively cheap.  If Hurts becomes the starter, they have the cheapest starter in the NFL, and the most expensive backup.  

Granted, but it also means we aren't signing him.

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yeah, but Hurts is relatively cheap.  If Hurts becomes the starter, they have the cheapest starter in the NFL, and the most expensive backup.  

I've seen some actual speculation about a Wentz trade, but not to us.

A trade to the Colts would reunite him with his old quarterback coach, Frank Reich. And the Colts will be looking for a quarterback given that Philip Rivers is on the final stretch of his career.

PFT points out that while the Eagles would take a 28 million dollar hit for trading him, it's also pretty difficult to imagine taking a 34 million dollar cap hit for a backup.

Archived