• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GM Candidate Profiles

Mr. Scot

FYI: Might try to work one more of these up today, but my time is limited. After that, probably won't be able to get back to it till after this weekend (me and Lady Cowboy Fan have plans).

Truth be told though, after this weekend there's a good chance that we get more substantive news. Right now everything is speculation. Informed speculation perhaps, but still speculation. So I've considered that waiting until there's more hard news might not be a bad idea, could possibly prevent me from wasting time researching someone we're not interested in.

Mind you, the four that I've posted so far are probably the guys that I take most seriously at this point. Of those, Ireland has been my top candidate for a while. I might be moving away from that, though. I really like Adam Peters, and Ed Dodds sounds like potentially a phenomenal choice too.

Of other potential options, I'd say Lake Dawson deserves a shot, just don't know if he'll get one. As T96 mentioned, Jerry Reese has a Matt Rhule connection, but Joe Person questions whether he has enough interest in analytics for David Tepper to be on board. Would also have to say that while Nick Caserio could be a viable candidate, for me the bloom is off the rose with him. Maybe the third time will be the charm for him and the Texans.

Lastly, there's Pat Stewart. Earlier in the season I thought he had a pretty good shot at the job. These days I still think he does...at the Assistant GM spot. My worry about him as a GM was that he didn't have the resumé for it and there are better candidates, but with David Tepper saying that he wants to keep Stewart "in some capacity", Assistant GM sounds more realistic.

Gonna be a fun ride. Personally I hope it's a short one (and I think Tepper does too) but the most important thing will be getting it right.

Post away Scot, no one with a IQ above 30 is going to blast you if dont have the correct GM profile. No ones knows nothing and you have not guaranteed ______ will be GM. 

I already said my guess will be a young lesser known type thats been overlooked. Honestly Tepper is like any super smart person in firing someone, they already know/contacted at least one person will serious stuff already agreed too. Hes got that one and two others as backups already up to speed on the job. Wildcard is the only unknown in this and that could be a former GM type. 

6 hours ago, NAS said:

If Peters becomes our GM, he’s already done a lot of scouting on a couple of potential QBs

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/gm-john-lynch-confirms-49ers-adam-peters-watched-byu-qb-zach-wilson

This guy has a chance.

Might not get the actual "GM" title but given the pay-package he'd be in line for that wouldn't matter...

...age (or lack thereof) is on his side.

12 hours ago, Growl said:

Jeff Ireland and Marvin Lewis lol

Làwrence may force his way out of the #1 pick afterall

12 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Marvin Lewis to the Jags???  I do not see that.

There's been word that Marvin Lewis is looking to get back to being an NFL head coach, and that there might actually be some interest.

That said, if Jeff Ireland gets a GM job with a head coach opening, I expect that job to go to Dan Campbell.

(same could be true for Terry Fontenot)

Archived