• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Probable NFL draft order IF PANTHERS WIN

MHS831

To help myself grasp the complexity of this situation and understand who to pull for and who to pull against, I thought I would look at the latest lines for this week's games and give the win to all of the favorites (and a "W" to underdog Carolina) to see where we would land should we go on a RRR (Ron Rivera Run).  I used the CURRENT Strength of Schedule to approximate tie-breaking positions.  I do this for me--and I share because tis the season.

13. e-Chargers  6-9  (Chargers favored by 3 over Broncos) SOS: .551

12.  Eagles 5-9-1 (Philly is slightly favored over Dallas-1.5 pts)  SOS—not a factor

11. e – Broncos 5-10 (Broncos are 3 point underdogs vs. Chargers) SOS: .558

10. e -- Texans  5-10  (Houston is 8 point favorites vs. Cincy)  SOS: .551

9.  e -- 49ers 5-10 (Cards are 5-point favorites over Niners) SOS: .547

8. Panthers 5-10  (IF PANTHERS WIN vs Washington—Panthers are 2.5 point underdogs)  SOS: .531

7. e – Lions 5-10 (Buccaneers are 9.5 favorites vs. the Lions) SOS: .509

6. Giants 5-10 (Ravens 10-point favorites over Giants)  SOS: .502

5. e -- Cowboys 5-10 (Philly is slightly favored over Dallas-1.5 pts) SOS: .475

4. e -- Falcons  4-11  (Gonna get beat by KC) SOS: .536

3. e -- Bengals 3-11-1 (Houston is 8 point favorites vs. Cincy)

2.  e -- Jets  1-14

1.e -- Jaguars  1-14

e- Eliminated

SOS: Strength of Schedule as of 12/23/20

If the Panthers lose, they will be 4th overall using these criteria.

Minnesota, New England, and Washington have 6 wins, and all have current SOS that would put them ahead of the Panthers should the Panthers win the last 2 games.

8 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I’m extremely worried we will mess around and beat Washington. It looks like the Saints will have something to play for, we won’t beat them. 

Brees might be benched to heal, if his ribs are still mending--and they might feel better with a rested, healed Brees at the #3 seed than they do with a Bruised Brees at #2---I dunno---but we only lost by 7 when we played them.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So, winning a meaningless game would lead to losing the draft pick value equivalent of a top 50 pick. No thanks.

Yeah, and SOS will change and it could drop us even farther.  As it looks now, the reasonable window for the Panthers is somewhere between 10 and 4. 

23 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Ron is gonna fug us one last time. I can feel it.

OK, let's look at Washington this week:  Haskins parties, Alex Smith dinged up, Snyder is accused of sexual misconduct---no distractions other than that.

Archived