• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Washington for the love of all that's holy please don't win gameday thread

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Hard to cheer for a loss but I hope it is a competitive game and the team formally known as the Redskins wins.

I hope Chinn outshines Young.

It is even though I’ve been a big proponent of it the last couple years. I only have been when it’s apparent that we were finished. I think when you realize we desperately need more talent and are currently in a 1-8 skid after finishing 1-15 the two years prior with a gimme win, it changes you. People in here say don’t try to lose it’ll create a losing culture. Well boys, we are 2-23 right now at the end of the last three years. Are you not entertained?

We have a new coaching staff that appears to be maximizing what we have but we need another draft like last year and we need a QB that can help us win when we don’t have the best roster. Getting the best possible draft slot each round helps us do that. Winning against WFT today doesn’t. It just makes us likely 3-24 to end the last 3 years.

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Best the Panthers can finish is 6-10. Worst is 4-12. Neither record establishes a “winning culture”. Huge swing in draft position though. 

I mean look at the 2019 Jets. Started 1-7 and finished 7-9. Strong finish made a big difference in their 2020 season right? WRONG. They’ve only won 1 game in 2020!

Would rather have the higher draft pick when the wins don’t help you aside from tanking your draft position. 

Let’s not bring facts to an opinion party, alright? 

8 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

jockeying for #1 is dumb, generational qb prospect or not. and if jockeying for #1 is dumb, jockeying for #4 is extremely dumb. did you know tom brady was drafted in the 6th round? we should win today, trade out of the 8th spot or whatever we end up with for a king’s ransom of future 6th round picks, and take the money that would have gone to that top 10 pick and put it toward another running back. can’t pay those guys enough.

had me in the first half, not gonna lie

2 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yeah, no. I would rather get one with potential. Than some dude we hope is better. Shrugs. Picking one late in the first doesnt guarantee he’ll be great. Especially since they’re letting him sit for a year behind shittywater anyway.  

Late in the first?  LOL

ummmm- 14 teams are making the playoffs, meaning the best non-playoff team will be picking 18.  We won’t be close to that...therefore we won’t be picking “late in the first round.”  

50 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Anyone that says they want to win today is just being contrarian or acting “holier than though”. You can’t possibly be that stupid. 

I can't cheer for my team to lose.

But with that said, if we don't win today's game (or next week's) you won't exactly see me crying over it.

9 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Jesus this place gets dumber and dumber by the second. Let’s win? For what reason? Please tell me. 

Gotta love pulling out the don’t create a losing culture card. We are 2 and fuging 23 to end the last 3 years. We are the non-2020 Browns and Lions and Jags. JFC, how about we hope for the 3rd pick do hopefully we get the best QB and rest of the draft we can? Talent that wins creates a good culture. You don’t get wins in the NFL without talent. Oh, we don’t want Lawrence, let’s build a team and then get a QB. Oh, we don’t want better picks we want to finish 6-10 because it will magically make us better. Which is it? Do you want to build a better team with better draft slots or not?

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Garafolo also said that the Panthers could talk to him too.

Hadn't thought about it but yeah, he'd have been there for Rhule's stint with the Giants.

So would Gettleman (whom Rhule has actually mentioned as someone he respects) but Jonathan Jones doesn't think Gettleman is getting fired.

11 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Best the Panthers can finish is 6-10. Worst is 4-12. Neither record establishes a “winning culture”. Huge swing in draft position though. 

I mean look at the 2019 Jets. Started 1-7 and finished 7-9. Strong finish made a big difference in their 2020 season right? WRONG. They’ve only won 1 game in 2020!

Would rather have the higher draft pick when the wins don’t help you aside from tanking your draft position. 

Bingo, there is no mythic beast out there that magically makes players play better due to a culture. The coaching prowess brings a culture and scheme that can elevate. Other than that it’s talented players. The Chiefs had tons of winning with Reid as did Philly. That culture didn’t win a SB, a kid named Patrick Mahomes that they traded away two firsts for did. Reid had a very talent rich team that played his scheme very well. Mahomes won them the SB not a winning culture.

I just want the model that the Panthers took the first time when they selected Cam Newton back in 2010. Pick a player with talent and build a team up in a positive direction towards being a good to great team. The difference this time is that we have a coach that maximizes the talent from all players and finds the skills of each of these players that allows us to achieve what we didn’t do during the former era. This is the goal of any team and should be every team when they look at the past and correct each of the issues that led to the failure the first time. In the Panthers case it was the coaches not maximizing all the talent to achieve the final goal of winning a championship.

Archived