• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My first mock draft.

Verge

I think both Bama receivers are about 10 spots too low. I’ve been saying for a couple years Waddle was the best of the 4(Ruggs, Juedy). And I may have been wrong because I didn’t give D. Smith enough credit. How good would they have been if Waddle doesn’t get hurt? And being an Auburn alum makes all this tough to even think about. 

16 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I think both Bama receivers are about 10 spots too low. I’ve been saying for a couple years Waddle was the best of the 4(Ruggs, Juedy). And I may have been wrong because I didn’t give D. Smith enough credit. How good would they have been if Waddle doesn’t get hurt? And being an Auburn alum makes all this tough to even think about. 

Smith is better than Waddle...much better.  Juedy and Ruggs are better too for that matter.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Smith is better than Waddle...much better.  Juedy and Ruggs are better too for that matter.

Any reason why or are we going to go with because you say so? I’ve seen all of the above play 30-40 times. Full games, not highlights. Smith may be, as I stated. But Ruggs and Jeudy weren’t. 

Lawrence is out of reach. As of right now, my preference after him is Wilson followed by Lance. I'm not certain Fields will stay ahead of Trask and/or Jones for me. His play vs. good competition is concerning. I admit that recency bias from watching a former OSU great absolutely suck and fug up our draft position is probably playing a significant role in this evaluation. LOL!

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Any reason why or are we going to go with because you say so? I’ve seen all of the above play 30-40 times. Full games, not highlights. Smith may be, as I stated. But Ruggs and Jeudy weren’t. 

Waddle is a good return man but not a #1 WR.  Plus off injury so picking him before Smith would be lunacy.

So many wildcards when it comes to QBs in the top 10 of the draft order (as it stands currently).  The only cut and dry one is Trevor going to the Jags.  Are the Jets sold on Darnold?  Are the Giants sold on Jones?  Will the Falcons take one to groom to take over for Ryan in a year or two ( and to take one away form us)?  Ditto for the Lions.  Denver is only one spot behind us and very well could move up knowing we are likely to take a QB.   More questions than answers at this point.

Archived