• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule press conference

Captain Morgan

Rhule won't commit to Bridgewater as the 2021 starting QB, but also says he won't commit to anybody at any position as a 2021 starter because he believes in competition so much.

Rhule: "Teddy has to have a tremendous offseason." Says he didn't think Bridgewater was the same after getting banged up Nov. 15th in game against Tampa.

Matt Rhule: "It's probably been one of the hardest years of my life. And you know what, we competed right to the end."

Rhule also says he thinks it's "vitally important" they have a full offseason.

Matt Rhule says they'd like to coach in the Senior Bowl, but may be out of their hands. Bengals and Eagles have worse records and are maintaining their coaching staffs. Bengals coached in it last year.

Rhule: "Teddy has to have a tremendous offseason." Says he didn't think Bridgewater was the same after getting banged up Nov. 15th in game against Tampa.

Matt Rhule says that he thinks as they look towards the draft, they'll have to move to getting younger offensively.

Matt Rhule said Teddy Bridgewater played well early in the season...But the last month of the season, Teddy hasn't played his best football. "I personally feel like ever since he got hurt, in the first half of the Tampa Bay game, Teddy hasn't played his best football."

Matt Rhule says he felt like the Panthers really missed out absence of OTA's and a regular offseason.

Matt Rhule: “Ever since he got hurt in the second half of the Tampa Bay game, Teddy hasn’t played his best football. … My encouragement to him has been, ‘Hey, you’ve got to have a great offseason.’”

"The key in the NFL is making decisions that are unpopular." -- Matt Rhule (and of course Belichick probably trademarked this one)

26 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:
Matt Rhule says they'd like to coach in the Senior Bowl, but may be out of their hands. Bengals and Eagles have worse records and are maintaining their coaching staffs. Bengals coached in it last year.

As of now, Trask and Newman will participate.

Whole QB list, accepted invites.

Kellen Mond - Texas A&M   
Sam Ehlinger - Texas             
Ian Book - Notre Dame  
Kyle Trask  - Florida
Feleipe Franks - Arkansas  
Jamie Newman - Wake Forest  

Game DATE: Saturday, January 30, 2021

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

The quotes don’t do it justice. He really didn’t sound high on Teddy as the QB of the future and said a QB has to be able to stay healthy throughout the season and take on the west and tear to be able to play the best football that they have in December 

Ah okay. Yeah from the quotes it sounded like he was making the same old excuses for Ted. 

27 minutes ago, kass said:

As of now, Trask and Newman will participate.

Whole QB list, accepted invites.

Kellen Mond - Texas A&M   
Sam Ehlinger - Texas             
Ian Book - Notre Dame  
Kyle Trask  - Florida
Feleipe Franks - Arkansas  
Jamie Newman - Wake Forest  

Game DATE: Saturday, January 30, 2021

no Trey Lance?  I know they invited him....did he turn it down?

I like that the HC is not afraid to call him out. Now that might change if Teddy was a guy that he drafted as that typically means their fates are tied together.

... which is why I think its reasonable why we will NOT draft a QB this year. As soon as you draft a 1st round QB your on the clock and need to win. With a 7 year coaching contract, its better for him to build the rest of the team THEN get a QB as the final piece. 

Archived