Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Jeremy Chinn Not Named a Rookie of the Year Finalist


Recommended Posts

Didn't see this posted anywhere... What a snub job.

Quote

The 2020 Pepsi Zero Sugar Rookie of the Year Finalists were named on Friday and somehow, someway, Carolina Panthers safety Jeremy Chinn was left off of the list.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/jeremy-chinn-not-named-a-rookie-of-the-year-finalist

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to complain, but who are you taking off that list for him?  He definitely wasn't better than Herbert or Jefferson.  I think you take Robinson (although I don't think he's as good as the #s he put up, personally) and Taylor over him too.  I guess that leaves Chase Young, but he's one of the best players on a high-level defense.

It isn't nearly that big of a snub job.  Maybe if this was just defensive players.

  • Pie 4
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when did they consolidate DROY and OROY into a single award?  This is the "Pepsi Zero" ROY.  Doesn't AP hand out the hardware? 

If he's snubbed from a three player list for AP DROY, then we can complain.  

  • Pie 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, woahfraze said:

Since when did they consolidate DROY and OROY into a single award?  This is the "Pepsi Zero" ROY.  Doesn't AP hand out the hardware? 

If he's snubbed from a three player list for AP DROY, then we can complain.  

Yeah, I think this is a separate award. I believe they will still do OROY and DROY

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He was probably never going to be just plain rookie of the year, not with Justin Herbert out there.

Defensive rookie of the year maybe, but pretty much everybody thinks that award is going to Chase Young.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was probably never going to be just plain rookie of the year, not with Justin Herbert out there.

Defensive rookie of the year maybe, but pretty much everybody thinks that award is going to Chase Young.

This is a travesty. I DEMAND A RECOUNT! WE WILL NOT CONCEDE!

  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was probably never going to be just plain rookie of the year, not with Justin Herbert out there.

Defensive rookie of the year maybe, but pretty much everybody thinks that award is going to Chase Young.

Considering Young is the only defensive player listed, seems pretty clear he is the droy also

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the Pepsi Zero Rookie of the Year award. When it comes to real awards, there's as much league clout there as there is sugar. DROY from the league... now that's an award. 

It'd be like the Oikos Zero Comeback Player of the Year award... just some made up marketing BS. 

(Of course if you get down to it, even the real awards are just marketing BS ... especially the Pro Bowl.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Young joined a loaded defensive line while Jeremy Chinn joined what many experts thought would be one of the worst defenses in the league.

Who had more of an impact?

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mage said:

It's easy to complain, but who are you taking off that list for him?  He definitely wasn't better than Herbert or Jefferson.  I think you take Robinson (although I don't think he's as good as the #s he put up, personally) and Taylor over him too.  I guess that leaves Chase Young, but he's one of the best players on a high-level defense.

It isn't nearly that big of a snub job.  Maybe if this was just defensive players.

Why are you downplaying Robinson? He was damned good.

Edited by top dawg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...