• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers could make multiple front office hires

TheSpecialJuan

22 minutes ago, Tbe said:

And if that guy isn’t there? What do you do, just get whoever? 

Hall of fame GM’s don’t just materialize. This is the real world.

Its only goofy if you’re old and stuck in the ‘way it’s always been’.

Maybe we find a great GM, but this is a good alternative.

If nobody special is there, what the hell does it matter? You think having six mediocre guys is better?

Why the hell did we fire Ron Rivera when we ran the risk of not finding anybody special as a replacement?

Great players are rare too? Should we stop drafting?

This is a sill argument.

22 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

nailed his first hire. fired hurney

not quite sure what other opportunities hes even had

Haven’t seen him nail anything just pretty mediocre which we thought would change. I mean if u say he has spent the most money as an owner last couple years probably give ya that, but he has not done jack sh!t

I actually like what Tepper is doing. Taking a look at the entire structure of the NFL that has been in place for a 100 years and trying something new because the NFL looks absolutely nothing like what it did at that time in terms of how to build a team. 

I remain optimistic, and so should you. 

Bad idea.

First of all, you're going to be hard pressed to find good GM candidates who think "sharing" duties is going to be a good thing.  You'll find plenty of flawed candidates willing to take a lesser role.

Find one guy to be THE guy.  If you then want to give him a couple different guys directly under him to specialize in those things, fine, do that.  A GM with two assistants, yes, that makes sense.  It also gives those assistants a much clearer path forward.  Your resume isn't "I was half a GM in Carolina", it's "I was an Assistant GM in Carolina".

Archived