• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

46 minutes ago, onmyown said:

man some of you were that bratty child clinging to your mom screaming for a cookie as she frantically tried to make the dough 

why don’t you just wait and see how this turns out before being a bitch 

sure, fair enough

we dont KNOW yet who will be hired, but there are people who are paid to tell us what the team intends and why

And what it LOOKS like the team is doing is chasing a technically minded, numbers oriented macromanager to head up their hivemind, leaving a gap in the most important function of the office-the production of the on field product-and leaving that responsibility, again, from what has been reported, to either somebody you hate, like Ireland, in a lesser yes-man role, or laying down that responsibility at the feet of the coaching staff-***the same coaching staff who is advocating for the hire to come from a scouting background***-   presumably because our college coach with 1 season as an NFL head coach doesn't feel like he is at the point where he is ready to be the chief manager of personnel decisions-and he's right

sure, maybe all that is offbase and the people who get paid to tell us what is going on aren't in the loop as well as they'd have us believe, totally possible

but there does seem to be a consensus, and there does seem to be arrows, and all those arrows seem to have a direction

toss in the fact that were settling for a lesser candidate to see this vision realized and I think the concern is fair enough

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fitterer also coming from a place where they traditionally trade back and draft athletes.

Rhule wanted to draft back this past year and then we took athletes later on like Chinn and Pride. 

Fitterer and Rhule’s draft philosophy may match up very well. Who knows if that’s a good thing for us. Time will tell I guess 

The fit is very important.  This does match Rhule's MO. 

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well that's a bummer.  Who's your frontrunner now?

Monti Ossenfort.

1.  Resume includes two different organizations that have embraced analytics and pushed the responsibility for integrating the data directly onto the scouts and coaches.

2.  Academic resume is superior to the others. 

17 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fitterer also coming from a place where they traditionally trade back and draft athletes.

Rhule wanted to draft back this past year and then we took athletes later on like Chinn and Pride. 

Fitterer and Rhule’s draft philosophy may match up very well. Who knows if that’s a good thing for us. Time will tell I guess 

Good point.

I wonder who Rhule may have wanted to target trading back? Or maybe he thought he could still get Brown a few picks later? Who knows.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. The Seahawks mirrored this too. The early drafts following Carroll's hiring were home runs. These college coaches know college talent.

I remember watching a special on the Seahawks and I can’t remember if it was on HBO’S Real sports or elsewhere about three years ago that they are very unique in how they grade players they are considering for the draft 

they place a greater value on competitiveness and fight and football intelligence more so than graded physical attributes.  Guys like Richard Sherman were not high on other teams’ draft boards, but he was high on the Seahawks 

im not sure how  they evaluate the constant  ‘chip on the shoulder’ and something to prove..clearly they do it most years.  Just found it so very different than many take to the draft 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I and others don't know what to make of what you attempted to communicate. For the last time, do you want your opinions to actually be considered? I'm done with the pissing match. If you want your ideas discussed, attempt to restate them. If not, I'm done. Everyone else has been done for awhile. I'm the only one left who is actually attempting to understand your position.

lol wow buddy this is a textbook class on internet obsession, you've got a make believe audience, a pretend gang, everything

you're welcome at any point to scroll back a few pages and read any of my posts, I've even got some helpful thesaurus links if you need assistance, I'll be around, and we all know you never go anywhere, and of course you can always just ban any opinions you don't like! You've never had any qualms with it before!

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

I remember watching a special on the Seahawks and I can’t remember if it was on HBO’S Real sports or elsewhere about three years ago that they are very unique in how they grade players they are considering for the draft 

they place a greater value on competitiveness and fight and football intelligence more so than graded physical attributes.  Guys like Richard Sherman were not high on other teams’ draft boards, but he was high on the Seahawks 

im not sure how  they evaluate the constant  ‘chip on the shoulder’ and something to prove..clearly they do it most years.  Just found it so very different than many take to the draft 

I mean, were they THAT high? They waited until the 5th round to draft him. I don't think you're waiting that long to draft someone you high on. It's like all the people who fawn over the Pats for drafting Brady at #199. They just took a shot in the dark on a late round QB they liked and they won the lottery. They badly missed on Brady's value too, they just were a little more correct than everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol wow buddy this is a textbook class on internet obsession, you've got a make believe audience, a pretend gang, everything

you're welcome at any point to scroll back a few pages and read any of my posts, I've even got some helpful thesaurus links if you need assistance, I'll be around, and we all know you never go anywhere, and of course you can always just ban any opinions you don't like! You've never had any qualms with it before!

Welp... the last person in the room actually attempting to take you seriously just bounced. Enjoy being the king of your echo chamber.

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

From what I gather, all these guys are personnel guys (with rings). I'm sure they had impacts, just as Beane had an impact under Hurney & Gettleman! But, they weren't the shot callers! They were likely more compilers of information who were expected to give their input based on their knowledge! However, I doubt they had more juice than the GM, coach and probably owner. Come on!

Beane didnt rise through the ranks as a scout though. I don't like that comparison. He was director of football operations for us from 2008-2014. Was then promoted to AGM. Hawks dude was their top college scout. Their GM had other responsibilities and couldnt spend all day scouting prospects like the director of college scouting. 

I agree it's ultimately the GM's call and we don't know if whats his face was listened to or not. However, I would assume if you're paying a guy north of 500k to scout prospects and gave him a nice title, the GM is going to listen to him. 

Archived