• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets supposedly keeping Darnold. Second pick is open for trades

8 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Is it just me or am I the only one that doesn't want Trevor Lawrence? He seems to have bust written all over him, besides we are getting Haskins in the off season anyway. I think Trask is a better fit for us anyway. 

No offense, but I think it is just you.  Now, I realize that I just posted something that can be rubbed in my face for years if I am wrong and you are right.

Of course, I could just do what Chuck, Fiz, and Sanjai did and go into the Huddle crap protection program

.dwight schrute wig GIF

Closest comparison to to a trade up was the 'Skins from 6 to 2 for RGIII. They gave up #6 overall, their 2nd rounder, and the next two year's first rounders. 

Big gamble considering that one of the QBs might still be there at 8. It all comes down to if Rhule/Brady/Fitterer are zeroed in on one guy that will be a franchise changing QB. Big risk if the QB selected is the next Trubisky/Rosen/Gabbert.

I will admit, that though I prefer to stay at 8, this is the first year in awhile that I wouldn't be mad if we moved up. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

The point is that a team doesn’t view one player as the end all be all for their franchise. Especially egoistical coaches who believe they can win with their system. 

I totally agree, but in this instance, the Jaguars were going to draft Lawerence since December 20th. The Jaguars along with everybody else in the entire NFL view TL as the best prospect coming out this year. Urban Meyer didn’t get to where he’s at now because he’s stupid. TL will be a Jaguar. 

Is there going to be a bidding war? I don’t see any QB that screams can’t miss outside of Lawrence (obviously he could bust too, but seems to have all the tools/experience).  I think it’s Lawrence and the gap between the next 3 isn’t that big. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely want one. But I’ll be happy with Fields, Wilson, or Lance...

46 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If they keep Darnold the smart play is too move out of the pick.

The pick is too valuable to use on a non-QB.

Would a team give up three 1st and two 2nds to move up and draft QB2? possible

Would they give up that much to move up and take a non-QB? no

That's why you trade the pick to a team wanting a QB and you get the picks.

Agreed that it could happen but Sewell is one of those LTs that don't come along very often.  If they could trade down and still get him, which is possible, than I would trade down.  

Getting extra picks can turn a franchise around in a hurry.  

Kind of what I would like to see at No. 8. 

13 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Agreed that it could happen but Sewell is one of those LTs that don't come along very often.  If they could trade down and still get him, which is possible, than I would trade down.  

Getting extra picks can turn a franchise around in a hurry.  

Kind of what I would like to see at No. 8. 

Would you take Sewell or three 1st plus two 2nds?

I'll take the five picks all day long.

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

If they keep Darnold the smart play is too move out of the pick.

The pick is too valuable to use on a non-QB.

Would a team give up three 1st and two 2nds to move up and draft QB2? possible

Would they give up that much to move up and take a non-QB? no

That's why you trade the pick to a team wanting a QB and you get the picks.

They are doing exactly that, but according to Dan Orlovsky, Darnolds strengths are supremely fitted for the system that Robert Saleh is bringing to the table! We don't have that situation here, just saying!

Just now, top dawg said:

They are doing exactly that, but according to Dan Orlovsky, Darnolds strengths are supremely fitted for the system that Robert Saleh is bringing to the table! We don't have that situation here, just saying!

I was responding to the guy saying take Sewell.

People need to realize that the trade value chart doesn't apply to QB picks.  If you are lucky enough to have a pick where a top QB could be you should get a QB return for that pick if you don't plan on using it for a QB yourself.

Same thing for Miami, there is a chance someone will overpay for their pick to get a QB also.

I still don't totally believe any report they might put out. It benefits them to say they are keeping Darnold.  They are getting that out there early to give all of the teams maximum time to run up the price for that pick.

Maybe they like Lance about as much, they could in theory trade down 5-6 picks, get three 1st, two 2nds and still take a QB.

Archived