• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even Texans players are telling Deshaun Watson to get the hell out of Houston

Zod

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's definitely the biggest knock on the Dolphins' chances but I don't completely eliminate them due to the draft capital they're holding. I don't think the Texans would take a substantially weaker offer than what the Dolphins would offer just to keep him out of the AFC. At least I wouldn't. Now I do think that Jags being in the same division virtually eliminates them barring an offer that would absolutely cripple their franchise.

I've seen him speculated as going to the Bears but I don't know how realistic that actually is.

Bear fans are pissed off right now that the team stuck with Nagy and Pace.

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Sorry, I don't know what that means. 

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't either, it just came across my Twitter feed.

And I'm right, she now plays for the Chicago Red Stars (is that a thing?!). Used to play for the Houston Dash (who?!).

To give some context, I have no earthly idea who he is married to.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is Watt a free agent? I've forgotten.

I know I've seen more than one person speculate that the Texans could lose both their biggest stars in one offseason.

Glad I'm not a Texans fan.

One year left on his deal but makes a ton of sense to trade him since they are rebuilding and currently over the cap.

22 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

One year left on his deal but makes a ton of sense to trade him since they are rebuilding and currently over the cap.

Good luck with that.

I know one of the reasons they hired Caserio is because they want to duplicate what New England has done. Nobody's been able to do that so far.

It's actually one of the reasons why I'm kinda glad we didn't go with Ossenfort. The magic just doesn't seem to translate to other places.

(gotta figure their contract with Satan might have exclusivity clauses)

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know one of the reasons they hired Caserio is because they want to duplicate what New England has done. Nobody's been able to do that so far.

Doubtful any team will be able to duplicate what the Patriots did. 
A big reason why the patriots were able to create a dynasty is due to 1) Tom Brady being the GOAT  2).not getting paid like the best 3) Belichick is the GOAT coach. 
 Brady took less money because he’s married to a super rich wife who makes more than him. This allowed the patriots to build a team around him...

Compare the Saints to the Patriots. Drew Brees is one of the all time greats and gets paid like one. He only has one SB win and no dynasty. Imagine the SB wins the Saints would have had if Payton could have built around Brees...if Brees was paid similar to Brady. 

12 minutes ago, thennek said:

A big reason why the patriots were able to create a dynasty is due to 1) Tom Brady being the GOAT  2).not getting paid like the best 3) Belichick is the GOAT coach. 
 Brady took less money because he’s married to a super rich wife who makes more than him. This allowed the patriots to build a team around him...

Compare the Saints to the Patriots. Drew Brees is one of the all time greats and gets paid like one. He only has one SB win and no dynasty. Imagine the SB wins the Saints would have had if Payton could have built around Brees...if Brees was paid similar to Brady. 

Yep, what the patriots did is not really repeatable.

What the Seahawks and Steelers did is more realistic. 

15 minutes ago, thennek said:

Valid, though I'd still say the inability to transfer the Devil's influence is huge.

Seriously though, you're correct. There are definitely factors in this run that nobody could duplicate, with Brady being a big one.

If - and it certainly looks to be the case - Watson does want out and the Texans will essentially be forced into trading him, this is a once in a generation opportunity to land a young proven franchise QB in his prime via trade.

I don't see how the Panthers - and likely many other teams - don't jump at this chance.

5 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

If - and it certainly looks to be the case - Watson does want out and the Texans will essentially be forced into trading him, this is a once in a generation opportunity to land a young proven franchise QB in his prime via trade.

I don't see how the Panthers - and likely many other teams - don't jump at this chance.

I think that is the thing that people don't realize, even the Texans, if Watson doesn't want to play there anymore, he isn't going to play there anymore. 

Archived