• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

People get paid to write three paragraphs of opinion that 1) is pure speculation and 2) doesn't provide any detailed supporting evidence for the assertion? I'm in the wrong line of work.

He may be right or he may be wrong, but how about a breakdown of our available assets and analysis of why they wouldn't be enough?  We have plenty in the coffer should we decide to use them.  Just because Miami or some other team has more doesn't mean they are willing to use them all.  

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's assuming the Texans would trade Watson within the AFC. He's also overlooking a lot of quality pieces we have. CMC, Burns, Chinn, and Moore would all be valuable trade pieces. 

I normally don't agree with this guy, but he actually makes sense this time.  So you are saying get Watson and trade what few pieces that we have, the very ones that made us somewhat competitive last year.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

They drafted him.  They didn't trade the farm for him when they were rebuilding.

Rodgers won his super bowl outside of his Rookie contract and the Packers drafted a 1st round bust in Harrell in 2007 didn't have a 1st round pick in 2008 and Rodgers signed his mega deal in 2010. Then drafted another bust in 2011.

So what I am seeing is.... The Packers spent a shitload of money on QB, and won a super bowl with a bust and no first round pick. The proceeded to bust on the next year's pick.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I normally don't agree with this guy, but he actually makes sense this time.  So you are saying get Watson and trade what few pieces that we have, the very ones that made us somewhat competitive last year.

No, I'm saying he wrote a very selective article. He didn't paint an accurate picture.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The Packers, Chiefs and Bills can afford to because they drafted their franchise QB's, duh.

And two of those 3 have signed their qbs to mega deals. PM has a quarter of a billion dollar contract.

I was against this at first but the more I think about it I’d do it. 2022 and 2023 are his big cap years and we still will have our young talented players under rookie contracts. The only player we’d be looking at to extend is Burns and DJ. We’d have to draft extremely well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and I wouldn’t be opposed to trading down in those rounds to get more picks. 

do some of y’all watch Watson play? He’s a top 5 qb and is 25 years old. We could be looking at our qb position being locked up for the next decade. I’m a huge trey Lance fan and where we pick is more than likely gonna be him unless we move up. He is a bigger risk then this. And we’d have to give away picks to move up for an unknown QB if we wanted Lawrence, Wilson or fields. Watson is a known elite qb. This opportunity literally never happens. I’m in.

Edited by TheRumGone

2 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

People get paid to write three paragraphs of opinion that 1) is pure speculation and 2) doesn't provide any detailed supporting evidence for the assertion? I'm in the wrong line of work.  

If it's anything like the site I write for, yes, you do get paid, but it's not close to enough to live on.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

and spend years complaining about wasting Watson with no team around him and calling for Fire Fitts in every thread

• Beer 2