• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short - did you know?

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

Shaq is a solid contributor. Overpaid, but he really is not bad at all for us on the field.

He didn't pay himself that money. I don't blame any of the players on the team for taking the money they did.

Blame the franchise or Hurney or whoever for bungling so many deals. I'll never blame a player for getting the most they can get for themselves. 

• Pie 9
2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I totally agree. Dude is solid and gets too much hate, however I would strongly argue that he is not an impact pro bowl type player. That is who should be #3 on your highest cap hit for your team. 

Yes but I also think it goes to show that we just don't have many highly paid players on the team since we got rid of a bunch of players last offseason and are just starting a rebuild and haven't had to pay young stars yet. Burns, Moore, maybe Donte, sooner or later Brown/Chinn, etc. will all jump to the top in the next several years.

• Pie 1
23 minutes ago, Zod said:

KK Short' contract is currently the fourth most expensive contract for an interior defensive lineman for the upcoming 2021 season. 

The team would save around 9 million in cap space if they part ways.

He gone

3 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

FYI post June 1st cut numbers (then I am done blowing up this thread with post)

D3B6D860-24D4-4697-8068-89E826956D88.jpeg

I'm not sure how many of June 1 designations you get (it's either 1 or 2) but KK should definitely be one, if the only one.

Edited by 45catfan
12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep.....I defended him all offseason and boy was I wrong. He is definitely done.

I didn’t know he would get hurt, but at his age and missing most of 2019, it was a big risk. Shoulders for DL are almost like shoulders for QBs. You can’t have a hurt one and truly play as well. That said, I didn’t even care about that. We exceeded expectations and still finished 5-11. Paying for an older DT that would never be in long term plans was dumb. Everyone who supported him said wait to cut him before 2021 and in cap rollover world that’s not good for a rebuild. Pre-cap rollover, who cares, it’s just money Tepper saves. Post cap-rollover and it’s can you keep Samuel money.

• Beer 1
27 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The shoulder injuries have seriously derailed his career.  He might just hang em up to be honest.

I’ll give you 10 million reasons he doesn’t. 

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

That was your boy Gettleman

8 minutes ago, Troys99x4 said:

DG worked this contract. Still thought Star should've received the contract over KK but hey....

Paying him $13M for 2020 was all Marty. We’d have the exact same dead cap if we cut him last year or this year as that’s all from his signing bonus. Marty was the one who restructured his contract which added more bonus money and made him decide to keep him last year. That extra $17M or so was avoidable and all on Marty who wanted to compete to keep his job. He lit that money on fire.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2