Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Teddy Predictions for 2021


Teddy Predictions for 2021  

87 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is the most likely scenario?

    • Teddy is opening day starter for the Carolina Panthers.
      55
    • Teddy is backing up a rookie QB in Carolina.
      8
    • Teddy gets cut by the Panthers before June 1($20 mil dead cap hit in 2021, $5 mil dead cap hit in 2022)
      3
    • Teddy gets cut by the Panthers after June 1 or is designated as a June 1 cut($15 mil dead cap hit in 2021, $5 mil dead cap hit in 2022)
      6
    • Teddy gets traded by the Panthers before June 1($10 mil dead cap hit in 2021, $5 mil dead cap hit in 2022)
      5
    • Teddy gets traded by the Panthers after June 1($5 mil dead cap hit in 2021, $5 mil dead cap hit in 2022)
      4
    • Teddy is backing up a free agent QB the Panthers have signed
      6
    • Teddy is backing up a QB on the current roster.
      0


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

The problem is the other team would have to pay 17M for him. And no team is going to want to do that.

That's fine. I don't think it's impossible to think some team with loads of cap space, and room for a qb on the roster might take on the $17 million for an extra draft pick. What about the Colts? They have zero qbs and at least $65 million in cap space. They've got an elite defense and talented young rb. You're telling me we offer to throw in a draft pick to take Teddy on a 2 year, $39 million contract with only $10 million guaranteed all in the 1st year when they have more room than they know what to do with and no qb and they wouldn't even consider it? Especially when they don't have many attractive alternatives. 

Anyhow I honestly don't care if no one bites for a 5th. I'm perfectly content keeping him as pricy insurance/mentoring like I said and then getting rid of him in 2022 with minimal dead cap. I'm just not eager to give away valuable draft picks just to save a little money this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

That's fine. I don't think it's impossible to think some team with loads of cap space, and room for a qb on the roster might take on the $17 million for an extra draft pick. What about the Colts? They have zero qbs and at least $65 million in cap space. They've got an elite defense and talented young rb. You're telling me we offer to throw in a draft pick to take Teddy on a 2 year, $39 million contract with only $10 million guaranteed all in the 1st year when they have more room than they know what to do with and no qb and they wouldn't even consider it? Especially when they don't have many attractive alternatives. 

Anyhow I honestly don't care if no one bites for a 5th. I'm perfectly content keeping him as pricy insurance/mentoring like I said and then getting rid of him in 2022 with minimal dead cap. I'm just not eager to give away valuable draft picks just to save a little money this year.

The Colts maybe not because they are in a "win now" mode. Perhaps someone like the Jags, Jets or Pats would take draft capital for a short term cap hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

That's fine. I don't think it's impossible to think some team with loads of cap space, and room for a qb on the roster might take on the $17 million for an extra draft pick. What about the Colts? They have zero qbs and at least $65 million in cap space. They've got an elite defense and talented young rb. You're telling me we offer to throw in a draft pick to take Teddy on a 2 year, $39 million contract with only $10 million guaranteed all in the 1st year when they have more room than they know what to do with and no qb and they wouldn't even consider it? Especially when they don't have many attractive alternatives. 

Anyhow I honestly don't care if no one bites for a 5th. I'm perfectly content keeping him as pricy insurance/mentoring like I said and then getting rid of him in 2022 with minimal dead cap. I'm just not eager to give away valuable draft picks just to save a little money this year.

I was agreeing that the only way he’s traded is to include a pick. But at 17M, it will take more than a 5th. People need to realize that just because a team has cap space doesn’t mean they should throw it away. Osweiler was 16M and it took a 2nd. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find it terribly upsetting that we are even in this predicament. When 2/3 of the Huddle knew that this was an awful acquisition what does that say about the brain trust? Of course the 1/3 that loved the move think he still has trade value. What a joke.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

And please don't use the Marty excuse. That's even a bigger joke to think he held any pull at all in 2020.

Well that is legit the stories we are getting. That he was the loudest voice advocating for him.

In all honesty....is it that big of a stretch? A guy to come in and be the savior? Remember that he said prior to the season that he wasn't buying into the "rebuild" mode and that he thought we were a contender.

It does kind of fit with that level of delusion....

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I just find it terribly upsetting that we are even in this predicament. When 2/3 of the Huddle knew that this was an awful acquisition what does that say about the brain trust? Of course the 1/3 that loved the move think he still has trade value. What a joke.

It means that the Huddle doesn’t know squat. Teddy isn’t going anywhere. They won’t be drafting a QB. They will build the offensive line and the defense. With a year under their belt and with proper off-season training and with CMC back, the team will be leap years better . And Teddy will make a lot of people look like the message board basement dwellers that they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdr6000 said:

It means that the Huddle doesn’t know squat. Teddy isn’t going anywhere. They won’t be drafting a QB. They will build the offensive line and the defense. With a year under their belt and with proper off-season training and with CMC back, the team will be leap years better . And Teddy will make a lot of people look like the message board basement dwellers that they are.

Teddy? Don't dislike you bro, you're just not any good.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

So.....any of the "Opening Day Starter" guys want to change their mind after the Tepper, Fitterer and Rhule press conferences?

I think it went for mostly likely to not very good at the moment.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Teddy checks down 25 times and leads a potential game winning drive in the 4th quarter only to complete a 4 yard pass when we needed 8 yards on 4th down and we lose the season opening game.

 

Edited by Rocky Davis
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...