Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Fox analyst says he heard that Watson has interest in Panthers!


Recommended Posts

People think we are so much far off from contending than we are. Our dline is only going to get better, our LBs improved towards the end. We just need a few DBs and LB or 2 and we'll be steady enough on D. On offense, you don't need high end draft picks to build a line. Use mid-low round picks and FA to build it. Besides our line wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. There were many opportunities through out every game that we didn't make cause of Bridgewater. 

In other words, we are closer than we think. Do it.

  • Pie 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

It would be 2 first and McCaffery.  

Per Jonathan Jones...

The Panthers would have to unload Teddy Bridgewater and his contract if they wanted Watson, though it seems unlikely the Texans would want to take that on considering the way he played in 2020.

That'd mean the Panthers would have to trade something of substantial value with a quarterback to give and with the least desirable first-round spot among the group. Panthers owner David Tepper would have to part with Christian McCaffrey, the face of the franchise, and likely more. Defensive end Brian Burns, entering his third season in the league, would also likely be requested in order to get such a deal done.

NFL Insider Notes

So basically picks, McCaffrey and Burns

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I have to say, it's my opinion that the Texans have next to little leverage in this.  They can't pick the suitor because Watson has the no-trade clause. 

If he announces that he has asked for a trade publicly, that further undermines their leverage. 

McNair/Texans have 100% of "the leverage".

Watson has already "asked for a trade publicly"...it really is that simple. 

Bottom line, the McNair's don't need the money...

...Watson does. 

I hope the team plays hardball with him...

  • Poo 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

McNair/Texans have 100% of "the leverage".

Watson has already "asked for a trade publicly"...it really is that simple. 

Bottom line, the McNair's don't need the money...

...Watson does. 

I hope the team plays hardball with him...

I hope he plays hardball with the Texans. Just like Harden basically manipulated the situation by half-assing it with the Rockets, Watson can do the same thing with the Texans, and it ain't really poo they can do about it. They can sit him down, but he's still going to be getting paid! They don't need those types of problems because it can screw up team morale and chemistry, and set them back even further. Their best bet is to take a reasonable deal and get out of the situation (of their making) ASAP!

Edited by top dawg
Link to post
Share on other sites

My philosophy is that you do not trade 4 first round picks for 1 first round pick.

The cost for DW is 3 first rounders, and a first round talent (CMC, Burns, DJ).

That's 4 starters, for 1 starter. 4 > 1. Deshaun couldn't win a division even with some great weapons around, and one of the best defenders / leaders in the league. 

You never trade 4 guys for 1 guy, because this league isn't about 1 guy. It's about 53 guys.

  • Pie 4
  • Beer 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, top dawg said:

 Just like Harden basically manipulated the situation by half-assing it with the Rockets, Watson can do the same thing with the Texans, and it ain't really poo they can do about it.

They can sit him down l, but he's still going to be getting paid!

Are you suggesting DeShaun should go down the road of painting himself as a low-character, anti-team guy like James Harden?

My sense is DeShaun cares about keeping his good reputation intact. 

Sitting "him down" isn't part of the equation....LOL.  If DeShaun wants to force the issue he's gonna have to hold out which means his income stream s-t-o-p-s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

My philosophy is that you do not trade 4 first round picks for 1 first round pick.

The cost for DW is 3 first rounders, and a first round talent (CMC, Burns, DJ).

That's 4 starters, for 1 starter. 4 > 1. Deshaun couldn't win a division even with some great weapons around, and one of the best defenders / leaders in the league. 

You never trade 4 guys for 1 guy, because this league isn't about 1 guy. It's about 53 guys.

That being said, this would be my reaction if we traded for DW.

Celebrate Dj Khaled GIF

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Are you suggesting DeShaun should go down the road of painting himself as a low-character, anti-team guy like James Harden?

My sense is DeShaun cares about keeping his good reputation intact. 

Sitting "him down" isn't part of the equation....LOL.  If DeShaun wants to force the issue he's gonna have to hold out which means his income stream s-t-o-p-s.

LOL @ Harden being a low character guy!  He got exactly what he wanted, and anybody of import is holding it against him!

The Texans' hand will be forced one way or another, and Watson will get paid by them in dead cap, AND by someone else--top dollar! That's the power of the no-trade clause!

Edited by top dawg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wouldn't want to have him directing their offense? Who wouldn't want to protect their draft as much as possible?

I hope he becomes a Panther, but not to the point of fn the teams build. Because we are rebuilding regardless if he were to become a Panther

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, top dawg said:

LOL @ Harden being a low character guy! 

The Texans' hand will be forced one way or another, and Watson will get paid by them in dead cap, AND by someone else--top dollar! That's the power of the no-trade clause!

Really?  So much for your moral compass...

DeShaun can't "force" the Texans to do anything...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...