• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario: Poll inside.

Ivan The Awesome

Texans want one, who's going?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Texans want to deal Watson for a couple of firsts and one of these players, who's going to Houston?

• Christian McCaffery
    • D.J. Moore
    • Brian Burns

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well if this does happen and we give up what you guys are willing to give up I do not want to hear the same bitching and moaning when this team continues it's up and down seasons.  Because that star QB will have to win with a handful of good players and the majority of the team being taped together with a bunch of scrubs.  Sound familiar?

It does, but we also had a coach who had no idea how to identify talent or develop it when we went through that situation with Cam.  Rhule showed an ability to do those things in year one more than any coach/staff had before him.  That's really why I support going after Watson regardless of the expected cost (which I dont think will be as high as many anticipate).

I’m not trading any player in any deal for Watson.  It’s draft picks or kick rocks.  The only player who will go to Houston in any deal is Teddy, who I don’t think Houston will mind having as their new bridge QB.  

We could offer potentially less picks and move up and get any QB we want outside of Lawrence without having to sacrifice Burns, DJ or CMC.  Plus have a QB on a rookie contract so we could really improve this team.   I just don’t see how the Panthers are in a position to make Watson work with all the holes this team still has..

8 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

It does, but we also had a coach who had no idea how to identify talent or develop it when we went through that situation with Cam.  Rhule showed an ability to do those things in year one more than any coach/staff had before him.  That's really why I support going after Watson regardless of the expected cost (which I dont think will be as high as many anticipate).

I think you have convinced yourself that everything will go exactly as you think it will.   I think you guys are ok with losing as long as we have one flashy player than win with a bunch of no-name players.  It seems to be about flash and style in the short term and the future be damned.   

• Pie 1

Personally, I'd say, yeah, we'll take him and his $40 million a year contract off your books for YOUR first rounder this year and next.

If you think he's going to sweep in here, we lose a couple of stars and a first round pick AND he's going to renegotiate for a team friendly deal, you're just fooling yourself. To think we'd lose those stars and picks and then win because we got a magical dude from the AFCSouth is also the height of naivety. 

This is the NFL equivalent of getting hosed at a used car lot. 

Burns and that's it.  TJ Watt is done and they'll need a pass rusher.  Burns will be a 10+ sack master for many years.  

Straight up.   

Disgruntled QB for a Rising Sack Master.   Former 1st for a Former 1st.

They also get 3 years remaining on his rookie contract and we have to absorb Watson's new deal. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

10 hours ago, BrianS said:

How many of you Watson dreamers have looked at our cap?  Any trade we do MUST include Teddy.  I don't know how you make that deal work.

Yes, we can cut KK - will cut KK.  That will help.  We'll cut Weatherly, and that will help a bit.  But we have a (*&#TON of holes to fill.  We have Moton to resign.  

We need a franchise QB . . . Watson is a franchise QB . . . unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do about it.

DeShaun may be willing.  The Texans may be willing . . . ish.  What they won't do is take Bridgewater.  They will rightfully want something much more meaningful.  Two firsts and a player is the starting point.  But we need to unload Bridgewater and they know that, so it will cost us EVEN MORE to do the deal with him involved.

I think the Texans would happily take Teddy, he can be a one year bridge to whoever they use the 8th on this year 

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I think you have convinced yourself that everything will go exactly as you think it will.   I think you guys are ok with losing as long as we have one flashy player than win with a bunch of no-name players.  It seems to be about flash and style in the short term and the future be damned.   

Again, not me.  I rage at every loss, as my post history illustrates.  I' just convinced of what Watson is and capable of, as well as what Rhule is building.