• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Stafford's NFL Records

Zod

12 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

The Panthers have had a top 10 QB for ~6 seasons of their existence. Stafford is still that. 

If you were a betting man

Would you say our 2021 QB is someone we drafted from this draft, a vet we traded for, or Teddy again and still focused on foundation waiting for QB in 2022?

Stafford is one of those unsung guys left in a bottom-dwelling franchise. And here we complain about how little respect Cam got. Talk about a difference.

Stafford has been outstanding and if he had been in a better organization he'd have a ring or two, and I think he's still got a lot of good tread left on his tires. I also like that he has stuck with the Lions year after year until, well, it just got so low that no one could take it anymore (last season was bad and now they've hired an even bigger meathead for HC). 

If he came here, I think he and we would excel. My only worry is for how long it could last.

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, ncfan said:

If you were a betting man

Would you say our 2020 QB is someone we drafted from this draft, a vet we traded for, or Teddy again and still focused on foundation waiting for QB in 2022?

Ha! Great line!

The only thing I know for sure is they're very aware that they can't roll with the same QB room from 2020. Where the new body or bodies come from I'm not sure and I’d just be guessing like us all. Depends on how the conversations for the available vets go first, it seems. 

Edited by RoaringRiot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Stafford is one of those unsung guys left in a bottom-dwelling franchise. And here we complain about how little respect Cam got. 

I wanted to post this too. We complain Cam got no help (he didn't) and then say Stafford isn't good or hasn't won as a reason to not go after him.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

All the Stafford talk is dumb.  Bringing him here will not bring us sustained success.  I say this as a fan of Stafford.

The only way we bring in Stafford is by making TB5 part of that.  And who in their right mind is taking TB5?  Oh, and bringing in Stafford will likely cost us Moton.  And Samuel.  And a first round pick.  Minimum.

28 minutes ago, BrianS said:

All the Stafford talk is dumb.  Bringing him here will not bring us sustained success.  I say this as a fan of Stafford.

The only way we bring in Stafford is by making TB5 part of that.  And who in their right mind is taking TB5?  Oh, and bringing in Stafford will likely cost us Moton.  And Samuel.  And a first round pick.  Minimum.

Idc care if no one takes him, I would cut his ass.

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Matt Stafford's NFL records

• Most passing touchdowns in a single game by a rookie quarterback: 5 (tied with Ray Buivid, Jameis Winston, Deshaun Watson, and Daniel Jones)[210] looking at his coholders shows how meaningless this record is.
  • Youngest quarterback to throw for at least five touchdowns in a single game (21 years, 288 days) (November 22, 2009 against the Cleveland Browns)[211] Strikes me as saying he was an early bloomer, not relevant for a team pursuing him at age 32
  • First player in NFL history to complete 60% or more of all passes in each game in a season (2015)[212] Speaks positively to consistency.
  • Most games with at least one touchdown pass in a season: 16 (2011, tied NFL record)[213] See above
  • Most consecutive 350+ yards passing games: 4 (2011–2012, tied with Drew Brees)[214] Says only that he can get on an impressive roll for several games.
  • Most passing yards thrown for in a single game without a touchdown pass: (443, December 22, 2012 against the Atlanta Falcons)[215] Dubious distinction.
  • Most passing attempts in a season: 727 (2012)[216] Says only that his coaches let him throw a ton and he managed to not get hurt even when defenses could ignore the run.
  • Most pass attempts per game, season: 45.44, 2012[217] See above.
  • Most games with 40+ pass attempts in a season: 13 (2012)[218] Same.
  • Fastest player to reach 15,000 career passing yards (53 games played)[219]
  • Fastest player to reach 20,000 career passing yards (71 games played)[220]
  • Fastest player to reach 25,000 career passing yards (90 games played)[221]
  • Fastest player to reach 30,000 career passing yards (109 games played)[222]
  • Fastest player to reach 40,000 career passing yards (147 games played)[188]
  • Fastest player to reach 3,000 completions (125 games played)[223] All of these records suggest he was prolific and durable, but also that he likely played in an offense that never emphasized run/pass balance.
  • Most passing yards in first 100 games (27,890) [224] See youngest qb to throw for 5 TD's comment.
  • Most fourth quarter comebacks in a season: 8 (2016) Probably best or next to best record on here.
  • Most game-winning drives in a single season: 8 (2016)  Probably best or next to best record on here.

I didn't realize just how prolific a QB he has been while wasting away in NFL no man's land (Detroit). 

Put comments on each record in red.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

You mean because we can't re-sign them? 

I agree Stafford only makes sense if the price is right AND they agree to take Teddy B to mentor whoever they draft at 7

2 hours ago, Zod said:

• Most fourth quarter comebacks in a season: 8 (2016)
  • Most game-winning drives in a single season: 8 (2016) 

This alone should get people absolutely pumped if we do sign Stafford. Still not my first preference but he would be a MASSIVE upgrade on Teddy.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1