• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per source, Carolina is one of Deshaun Watson’s preferred destinations if traded.

Julio

Just now, Zod said:

Random guy in SC pretending to be a journalist probably not a solid source 

You can choose to be skeptical, but no need to insult a guy who is establishing a career for himself in journalism. I’ll be more than happy to remove the thread if that’s the case. He’s a local who has connections within the organization (which is how he managed to get an exclusive interview with Pride Jr.) and local media.

• Pie 6

Why are people having trouble believing this. Our staff from the owner to the coach have basically said we are looking to upgrade our QB position. A 25 year old pro bowler would definitely be an upgrade and he wants to be traded. We also have an aggressive and involved owner with a new GM who would love to make a big splash. Tepper is invested heavily in this team and Watson in Carolina would be insanely marketable. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Julio said:

You can choose to be skeptical, but no need to insult a guy who is establishing a career for himself in journalism. I’ll be more than happy to remove the thread if that’s the case. He’s a local who has connections within the organization (which is how he managed to get an exclusive interview with Pride Jr.) and local media.

Good thread. Thanks for sharing.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why are people having trouble believing this. Our staff from the owner to the coach have basically said we are looking to upgrade our QB position. A 25 year old pro bowler would definitely be an upgrade and he wants to be traded. We also have an aggressive and involved owner with a new GM who would love to make a big splash. Tepper is invested heavily in this team and Watson in Carolina would be insanely marketable. 

Probably because the source is a kid who's apparently either still in or just barely out of high school.

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I thought it was the Jets...after it was the Dolphins..

Those are the rumors because they have the draft capital + young QBs to make significant offers. Ultimately, it’s up to Watson since he has a no-trade clause.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a little more established source, with a pretty rational take.

Of course there's high interest. Pretty sure there is high interest from every QB-needy team and a few who want to trade their current QB for a future HOFer. But JJ's "whether" is the key. That multiple question is far from settled and tbh, doesn't particularly bode well given that other teams are in much better positions to broker a deal. 

If fans want to believe Watson loves Carolina so much he'll veto every other team, no logic known to humanity will dissuade them. Personally, I would love to have him here, I just don't see it as a very likely option.